Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.
Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Please Show Us Your Angel Stamps!

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 212 / Views: 56,768Next Topic
Page: of 15
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7239 Posts
Posted 07/15/2020   5:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For its 2011 Christmas stamps, Canada used close-up images of stained glass windows of the Cathedral of St. Mary in Kingston, Ontario. The "P" (permanent/domestic first class) rate stamp (Sc #2492) shows an angel.

Stamp was issued on November 1, 2011 in booklets of six and twelve stamps.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by bookbndrbob - 07/15/2020 5:21 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7239 Posts
Posted 08/03/2020   4:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
On November 16, 1987 Monaco issued this 5 franc stamp (Sc #1610) to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the premiere of French composer Hector Berlioz's Grande Messe des Morts (Requiem), opus 5. The piece was written for an orchestra of 250.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
7239 Posts
Posted 02/15/2021   5:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This 50c stamp (Sc #208) of Bolivia is from a set of eight issued in 1931 to mark the centenary of the country's independence. Each of the two larger, high values of this set shows a portrait of a revolutionary leader flanked by an angel, left and right.

Venezuelan independence leader Gen. Antonio Jose de Sucre (1795-1830) is depicted on this stamp. He was victorious in several important battles and served as Bolivia's 2nd president, and also as Peru's 4th president. His death was the result of an assassination.

Bedrock Of The Community
United States
21059 Posts
Posted 06/29/2022   08:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KuoLC5310 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Croatia
Millennium
January 1, 2000
Main design: angel with trumpet
Bedrock Of The Community
United States
21059 Posts
Posted 10/21/2022   12:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KuoLC5310 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Poland
Saint Archangel Gabriel - patron of postal workers and philatelists
October 18, 2022
The stamp features a painting of Saint Archangel Gabriel.
Edited by KuoLC5310 - 10/21/2022 12:16 am
Valued Member
United Kingdom
491 Posts
Posted 11/26/2022   12:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tomonakaazu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Is this unearthly beings Seraph or Cherub..? Christmas is in our sight and more angels are flying in town.

Vatican City
21 February 1974 / Air Mail: Angel from porch of St. Mark's, Venice / design & engrave: A. Quieti

Valued Member
United Kingdom
491 Posts
Posted 12/19/2022   11:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tomonakaazu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I read an article (in Japanese) says Seraph has blue wings and Cherub has red wings - how about in this case of monochrome illustration? There are 7 beautiful angels on the hem of the cloak.

Colombia
1954 / 300 years of the residence hall of Our Lady of the Rosary Bogota

Edited by tomonakaazu - 12/19/2022 11:32 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
37589 Posts
Posted 12/19/2022   11:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tomoko,
Cherubim have 4 wings, (helps God)
Seraphim has six wings. (Praises God)

I'd say you have Cherubs.

Edited by rod222 - 12/19/2022 11:18 am
Valued Member
United Kingdom
491 Posts
Posted 12/19/2022   11:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tomonakaazu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, hi Rod!

Quote:
I'd say you have Cherubs.

Thank you!
I added the close up image.

And 1974 Vatican City stamp shows a Seraph, in that case.
Edited by tomonakaazu - 12/19/2022 11:32 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
37589 Posts
Posted 12/19/2022   11:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Speculation,
They look like Cherubs.

Sc#3 Assyrian Cherub
Edited by rod222 - 12/19/2022 11:30 am
Valued Member
United Kingdom
491 Posts
Posted 12/19/2022   11:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tomonakaazu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful Assyrian angel... yes, 4 wings!

This being below, has 6 wings and 3 heads, and the bird on the bottom has 6 wings! Maybe in this case, they are not angels but gods?

Liechtenstein
5 December 1994 / Four Elements, Air / design: E. Steiner, engrave: W. Seidel

Edited by tomonakaazu - 12/19/2022 12:25 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
37589 Posts
Posted 12/19/2022   11:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Consider Tomoko,
these images are individual's interpretations.
One of my favourite Historians (Waldemar Januszczak )
in his DVD "The Dark Ages, the Age of Light""
He shows one of the very first images of "Jesus"
From memory, it was a little chubby boy with curly hair.

Modern convention has him rather differently.

Valued Member
United Kingdom
491 Posts
Posted 12/21/2022   07:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tomonakaazu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
these images are individual's interpretations

Yes, I got that Rod - because of lack of my knowledge in the department of angels, I was puzzled by those winged beings - then started to read. Now I am confident to find out which little chubby boy with curly hair is an angel and which similar figure is a cupid. For example... this one below is an angel! (and it says in the SG catalogue)

Italy
29 November 1981 / Stamp Day: Caduceus, chest, envelopes and Cherub blowing posthorn / design & engrave: L. Vangelli

I will check "The Dark Ages, the Age of Light", Rod - as I am also a fan of Waldemar Januszczak. By the way, this image below is another expression of Jesus in a form of Cherub (red 6 wings), painted by Giotto and hang in the Louvre, Paris. An example of early Renaissance interpretation.

Edited by tomonakaazu - 12/21/2022 08:23 am
Valued Member
United Kingdom
491 Posts
Posted 12/24/2022   08:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tomonakaazu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Angels with music, for festive days to come - or already started in Europe?
Merry Christmas to everyone

Uruguay
1978 / design: F. Alvarez Cozzi

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
37589 Posts
Posted 12/24/2022   08:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I will check "The Dark Ages, the Age of Light", Rod - as I am also a fan of Waldemar Januszczak.

Really! ? Wow.

I can watch only 1 video a month, it chews up my Broadband usage .

Here is "The Dark Ages...etc" Tomoko
Enjoy !

M4o1dc41r28
Page: of 15 Previous TopicReplies: 212 / Views: 56,768Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2023 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05