Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hutt River Western Australia Stamps Or Cinderellas

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 7,015Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
29882 Posts
Posted 03/10/2017   07:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

1978-04-21

1979-04-29

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
29882 Posts
Posted 03/10/2017   07:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

1979-07-23

1979-09-20

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
29882 Posts
Posted 03/10/2017   07:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

1979-11-26

Valued Member
Mexico
177 Posts
Posted 03/10/2017   8:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rtvstamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
From my Pengüin Collection.

(I have the set without cover too)

Regards!
Rodolfo
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
29882 Posts
Posted 03/10/2017   11:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rodolfo.
Not seen that issue before. Catalogues are not up to date.

1981 April 1st

Edited by rod222 - 03/10/2017 11:31 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
29882 Posts
Posted 03/10/2017   11:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I beg your pardon,
it is in the Catalogue

Valued Member
Mexico
177 Posts
Posted 03/11/2017   12:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rtvstamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes rod222, is of the old first issues. Nice collection you have my friend!

Regards!
Rodolfo
Valued Member
United States
222 Posts
Posted 05/20/2017   07:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Phil_Atelic to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Friends,

I am also fascinated with the Philatelic issues of the Hutt River Province/Principality of Hutt River and the historical importance of that entity.

It is my assertion that future political scientists will give much credence to the secession which by and large has been lacking in the past forty years.

Having evaluated the legalities of the secession and considering my own humble opinion concerning the importance to the entire human family regarding the events prior and subsequent to the secession, I have been admittedly frustrated when discussing with philatelic dealers who shall remain nameless regarding the classification of these issues as "Cinderella stamps". For example one dealer actually expressed a dismissive attitude saying, "are they in the scotts guide". As if the historical events that surrounded the creation of a state that has its own postal system should be discounted due to the inclusion or exclusion in a catalaogue.

For all of your consideration and to continue a discussion on the issue of whether these stamps should be regarded and recognized as a genuine philatelic issue as opposed to the label of Cinderella, I am attaching to this post a secret document that was released through a freedom of information request.

Look forward to your replies and thoughts on the matter.

Valued Member
United States
222 Posts
Posted 05/20/2017   08:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Phil_Atelic to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Some of my HRP collection.

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
29882 Posts
Posted 10/01/2018   9:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
6515 Posts
Posted 08/10/2020   6:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sad news that Hutt River will disappear from the map. A victim of taxes and Covid-19 .

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/...y/index.html
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1416 Posts
Posted 08/10/2020   8:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rob041256 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As from a few weeks ago the Hutt River Provence had been dissolved, in a sense those HRP Cinderella stamps and coins will now be somewhat a collector's item.

Rob
Edited by Rob041256 - 08/10/2020 8:23 pm
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 7,015Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05