The stamp below, which commemorates the 1952 International Exhibition of Sports Stamps in Rome, features two historic sculptures from Italy.
On the left is a 2nd century CE personification of the River Tiber ("Il Tevere"). It was formerly in the Vatican Museums, but now belongs to the Louvre Museum in Paris, thanks to Napoleon Bonaparte.
On the right is the statue popularly known as "Il Bigio", sculpted by Arturo Dazzi in 1932. This statue was erected in that year in the Piazza della Vittoria in Brescia, and was praised by Mussolini at that time as a prime representation of the facist era. In 1945, it was removed following many protests by anti-facists. An attempt to restore the statue was made in 2013, but the statue remains to this day in a local warehouse.