Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Eastern Silesia Wild On Ebay

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Canada
387 Posts
Posted 07/06/2019   09:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Link to informative article on Eastern Silesia's complicated & brief postal history.

http://czechphilatelist.tripod.com/snejdarek/
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4341 Posts
Posted 07/07/2019   09:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
When you see stuff like those stamps above go for strong prices ,you have to wonder are there still collectors building comprehensive collections . These collectors are off the radar screen to the major auction houses and not club or society joiners ,so nobody knows what their doing .

It is like that $96,000 worldwide collection ,it just pops up and surprises everybody . The internet has given the hobby a cover that someone spending only $50.00 or $100.00 a week can build a massive collection .The key here would be to do this purchase and mounting over ten or twenty years .
Valued Member
Canada
387 Posts
Posted 07/07/2019   09:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, that's what I'm trying to do. How much success I have, who knows. I've given myself the next 20 years, and a monthly budget.

Started with an inherited 70% filled Scott up to 1959, and moving it out area by area onto quite modified Steiner pages in Vario binders (with some Palo/Lighthouse thrown in). Started with French colonies and Balkans where the collection was quite strong to start. My goal is to get 90%+ completion for each country, and as I run into the expensive ones, move onto the next area, and backfill gaps/upgrade as budget/interest presents. I'm a generalist and very interested in dead countries, so that suits me better than specializing.

Plus a Canada complete to 1999, but that's just a bit of patriotism :)
Pillar Of The Community
596 Posts
Posted 07/07/2019   1:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DrewM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And I thought t there was only an Upper and Lower Silesia. Now you're telling me there's also an Eastern Silesia?
Edited by DrewM - 07/07/2019 1:04 pm
Valued Member
Canada
387 Posts
Posted 07/07/2019   2:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The messy world of post-WWI Central/Eastern Europe resulted in lots of short-lived entities now mainly only remembered by stamp collectors - Allenstein, Carinthia, Dalmatia, Marienwerder, Memel, Fiume, the Silesias...
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05