Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Barcelona & Catalonia Cinderellas

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 56
Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 09/12/2013   12:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have looked on Google images to see 'Catalan human' (chain) across the country. An amazing and emotional thing to see.

Thank you for telling us about it.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
1877 Posts
Posted 09/15/2013   01:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Two fund-raising cinderellas for the Sagrada Familia Church. Issued, I believe, on different dates of the 1955-1965 years. They use the same drawing but with values (printed on the back) of 0.5 and 1 pesseta (6 € = 1,000 pesseta).

Pillar Of The Community
1877 Posts
Posted 09/20/2013   07:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Centre Excursionista de Catalunya "January-February 1911 Winter Sports Competition" in Ribes de Freser. From a poster by Jaume Llongueras.

Pillar Of The Community
1877 Posts
Posted 09/24/2013   03:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Today's Barcelona's main feast "El dia de la Mercè" (Mercy Virgin Day). I'm showing three cinderellas issued in 1970, 1971 and 1972 to commemorate that day. They're written in Spanish, as it was compulsory by then.

Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 09/24/2013   1:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
These are very nice. Tahnk you for showing them.

I like the star burst the best, but I do not know the fieta.

Can you me about this please?
Pillar Of The Community
1877 Posts
Posted 09/24/2013   2:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thak you very much for your comments. "Fiesta" is the Spanish word for festival (in Catalan, we say "festa").
All catholic cities have at least a saint patron. Barcelona has 2 Saint Eulalia (Feb 12th) and the Virgin of la Mercè (September 24th). The Mercè festivals, are considered the main day of the city; although it's quite new (for our standards!), dating just from 1871. In early days, the main feast was Corpus Christi (May/June).
A lot of events take place all over the city for 10 days, but just one (today) is a bank holiday. The festival ends tonight with a musical fireworks in Montjuïc, one of the mountains that frame Barcelona.
Valued Member
283 Posts
Posted 09/24/2013   4:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add malamute67 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
LA Mercè 1958....

Pillar Of The Community
1877 Posts
Posted 09/29/2013   12:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Reus, May/June, 1941. Restoration of Our Lady of Compassion Sanctuary; destroyed (I guess) on the 1936/1939 war.

Pillar Of The Community
1877 Posts
Posted 10/02/2013   11:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
January, 7th, 1917 Catalonia's Rowing Championships organized by the White Collar Catalan Nationalist Union. Cinderella by Ramon Rigol, already seen, but on different colours.

Valued Member
283 Posts
Posted 10/02/2013   12:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add malamute67 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have found tsese cinderellas,....

Pillar Of The Community
1877 Posts
Posted 10/03/2013   12:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As I said somewhere on this thread, they're cinderellas issued from 1951 to 1996 in Gràcia (now, Barcelona) by the Barcelona Philatelic and Numismatic Society up to 1985 and later by Gràcia Philately and Numismatic.
Both, held stamp and coin exhibition from 1950 to 1996.
Some more cinderellas like these,can be found on earlier posts.
Pillar Of The Community
1877 Posts
Posted 10/10/2013   09:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
October 1950 Barcelona Car Races. Organised by the "Penya Rhin". Poster stamp printed by "Seix I Barral", Barcelona, from a design by J.A García.

It was won by Alberto Ascari (Ferrari).
Pillar Of The Community
1877 Posts
Posted 10/18/2013   07:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1937 Civil War , anarchist trade union, blood hospital fund.

Pillar Of The Community
1877 Posts
Posted 10/25/2013   04:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
September 7th 1934, 1st Olot (100 km N of Barcelona) Fair. Supported by the town councils, whose arms are on the cinderella.

Pillar Of The Community
1877 Posts
Posted 10/31/2013   02:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Girona, 1921, Esperanto Exhibition. A Romanic cloister and a star rising above the sea. Perhaps a reference to the Romanic monastery of Sant Pere de Roda on the Creus Cape.

Page: of 56 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.82 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05