Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Barcelona & Catalonia Cinderellas

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 57
Pillar Of The Community
1934 Posts
Posted 02/11/2019   02:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As far as I know it was "the fashion of the time" (the so called "national-catolicism") to relate everything in life to religion. And, by then, the only acceptable one was Roman catolicism. So, you can see virgins and saints everywhere on the Spain of the 40's and 50's. It was a reaction against the anticatolicism of the years of the 2nd Republic (1931/39).
To be true with you, I picked the cinderella because it was related to Barcelona, I didn't have it and the price was fair. Nothing to do with "beauty". Not my style.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
1934 Posts
Posted 02/19/2019   03:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Two Xmas cinderellas, from the years 1940/60, just found on a stamps' hoard. Print on the "R. Molero Printing works" in Barcelona.

Pillar Of The Community
1934 Posts
Posted 02/28/2019   11:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1983, Catalan Governement: 75 years of skying in Catalonia.

Edited by Cursus - 02/28/2019 11:52 am
Pillar Of The Community
1934 Posts
Posted 03/11/2019   07:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Barcelona City Council, 1980's: "Keep Barcelona tidy!"

Pillar Of The Community
Israel
6180 Posts
Posted 03/11/2019   11:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That's nice, I like that.
Pillar Of The Community
1934 Posts
Posted 03/12/2019   03:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Mike. But, the printing is pretty bad (out of register). Tipical of the good willing, but with poor resources of the fresh democratic city councils emerging from the 1939-77 dictatorship.
Anyway, this was my youth landscape... So, I appreciate them.
Edited by Cursus - 03/12/2019 03:46 am
Pillar Of The Community
1934 Posts
Posted 04/09/2019   03:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
On December 2017, the pro-Catalan Independence party "Estat Català", issued 20 cinderellas in 2 sheets showing the Catalan Way to Independence.
One of them depicts a demonstration in Brusels (December, 7th, 2017), showing some European independence fighting nations flags, among them the two Catalan Independence flags (with blue or yellow trinagles), along with the Basque, Scottish, Irish, Corsican, Sardinian, Bretany and Flemish ones.

Edited by Cursus - 04/09/2019 03:52 am
Pillar Of The Community
1934 Posts
Posted 04/11/2019   07:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Some more cinderellas issued by "Estat Català" on December 2017.

Pillar Of The Community
1934 Posts
Posted 04/23/2019   07:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Today's Saint George's Day. That saint is the patron of Catalonia, as well as of England, Egipt, Greece, Georgia and many other lands and cities around the world.
Right now, Barcelona and the whole of Catalonia is full of roses and books,our way of celebrate the date.
I'm showing a cinderella, issued circa 1930 by Barcelona's touristic board. It depicts a gothic sculpture of Saint George (Sant Jordi, for us) on the top of the old main door of the Catalan Governement Palace (Palau de la Generalitat). It's a 1417/18 work of Pere Johan.

Pillar Of The Community
Israel
6180 Posts
Posted 04/23/2019   08:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Happy St.George's Day Joan !

Today I can remember such pleasant things about my visit to Barcelona ! Time has flown by since August.

Lovely Cinderellas ! How does one get hold of recent issues by 'Estat Catala' ?
Pillar Of The Community
1934 Posts
Posted 04/23/2019   08:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Michael. Estat Català, used to have a web page (discontinued) through which you could buy the cinderellas. Once, about a year ago, I ran into a street post, where they did sell them (just 10 €, for the whole 20 cinderellas set). Unfortunatelly, it was on the middle of an independentist march and I didn't have anywhere to carry them properly. So, I did not bought them. Perhaps, I'll have another chance and (then) I'll remember your wish and buy a set for you. Have you, also a Happy St. George's Day.
Pillar Of The Community
1934 Posts
Posted 04/26/2019   06:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Some more Estat Català cinderellas: "We are a Republic!", "Unity, to defend the Republic!" & "Freedom for politcal prisoners!"
The face values are in euro. The European currency.
On the first, you can see an independentist march; on the second Barcelona's skyline; the third, speaks for itself...
Edited by Cursus - 04/26/2019 06:28 am
Pillar Of The Community
1934 Posts
Posted 05/03/2019   05:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Three more of the2017 Independentist ciderellas:

"No Fascist attacs, without punishement"
"Freedom for Carme Forcadell" jailed Catalan parliament President
"Return of Carles Puigdemont" Exiled President of the Catalan Republic
Pillar Of The Community
1934 Posts
Posted 05/12/2019   07:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just bought today.5 photographic Montserrat mountain poster stamps from a 1929, 15 stamps series, printed by Adolf Zerkovitz, an Austrian-born photographer who worked in Barcelona between 1914 and 1972, producing a number of postcards and photographic cinderellas.

Edited by Cursus - 05/12/2019 07:07 am
Pillar Of The Community
1934 Posts
Posted 05/20/2019   04:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Some more December 2017 Estat Català cinderellas:

"Freedom"
"Freedom for Catalan Patriots"
"Freedom for Political Prisoners"
"Independence for the Catalan Republic"
Edited by Cursus - 05/20/2019 04:28 am
Page: of 57 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.87 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05