Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Barcelona & Catalonia Cinderellas

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 932 / Views: 169,571Next Topic
Page: of 63
Pillar Of The Community
2170 Posts
Posted 05/07/2020   04:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pau Claris (1586-1641). Priest and President of the First Catalan Republic. Esculpture of 1917 by Rafael Atché. Retired in 1939 and hidden, it was recovered in 1977 and placed near the original site, at the Passeig de Lluis Companys.

Antoni Viladomat (1676-1755). Painter. Monument, from 1888 by Torquat Tassó. It stands on the Passeig de Lluis Companys.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
2170 Posts
Posted 05/08/2020   04:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Let's jump back to 2000. That year, as it was 100 years since the foundation of Barcelona's second soccer team "Reial Clud Deportiu Espanyol de Barcelona", our city's stamps and coins Traders Guild, issued a series of sheets with cinderellas showing different items realing to the centenary celebrations.

The first cinderella, shows the poster of the Barnafil'2000 stamp exhibition.

While the second does with the logo, a painting, a picture of the celebrations and the mascot.

I wish to apologize the readers if they feel that the standard of this thread is not what it used to be. The present circumstances: being locked down for 8 weeks, without any proper post (just bills!), our weekly market closed and the contact with fellow collectors banned, make it impossible to obtain fresh new items to show.
On the other side, I'm aware that there many friends all around the world facing situations alike. And, for them forums are a relaxing window. So, I try to update this thread almost daily and I I've to use my old stock-books and files, showing (perhaps) not first class items. But, I truly do my best. I hope that you'll understand. Thank you.
Edited by Cursus - 05/08/2020 04:27 am
Valued Member
United States
44 Posts
Posted 05/08/2020   2:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Redsfan11 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Do not feel you are lacking in any way. Keep up the good work and thanks for supplying us with what you have. It is appreciated.
Pillar Of The Community
2170 Posts
Posted 05/08/2020   2:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much. I also appreciate your kind words!
Pillar Of The Community
2170 Posts
Posted 05/09/2020   05:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sheet of 9 cinderellas showing the history of the RCD Espanyol.

Valued Member
United States
44 Posts
Posted 05/10/2020   4:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Redsfan11 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice piece of history.
Pillar Of The Community
2170 Posts
Posted 05/10/2020   4:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes. It's a pity that there are not cincerellas of the main soccer club of my city: Football Club Barcelona!
Pillar Of The Community
2170 Posts
Posted 05/11/2020   07:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In 1150 Ramon Berenguer IV (1113-1162)Count of Barcelona, Prince-lord of Aragon and lord of most of today's Southern France, give the monks of the Cister order a great plot of land on the south of his domains (not far from the old Roman city of Tarragona) to set a monastery to colonize the lands recovered some years ago from the invading muslims. It took its name, "Poblet" from "Populus" (the Latin word for the tree poplar)
Through the years,the monastery (a Gothic jewel) prospered, fostered by the fact that, Since Ramon Berenguer IV, Poblet became the resting place of the kings of Catalonia-Aragon; thus becoming very rich.
Deserted after 1835, monastic life returned in 1940 and since 1991 its a Unesco World Heritage Site.`
By 1932, Poblet was a semidestroyed building. Nowadays, fully rebuilt it's a thriving religious site and a very important cultural Catalan landmark.

Pillar Of The Community
2170 Posts
Posted 05/15/2020   12:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Another Barnafil'99 cinderella sheet, showing events related to 100 years of RDC Espanyol.

Pillar Of The Community
2170 Posts
Posted 05/17/2020   05:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
To end with Barnafil'00 (sorry for the mistake on yesterday's post!) cinderellas, I'll show number 4 (I'm missing nr 2).

Edited by Cursus - 05/17/2020 05:28 am
Pillar Of The Community
2170 Posts
Posted 05/20/2020   07:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Chapters 27 & 28 of the Album Catalunya, show Catalan institutions, that were important back in 1933. Some of them (the most political) didn't survive the 1936-39 war turmoil; while others have managed to reach our days: Orfeó Català, Institut d'Estudis Catalans, Ateneu Barcelonès. Centre Excursionista de Catalunya and Orfeó Gracienc. Others, like the Societat per a l'Atracció de Forasters, changed its name (since many years ago is Patronat Municipal de Turisme de Barcelona), others revived after 1975 never to regain their former relevance and some other vanished forever.

I've actually been member of the Cente Excursionista de Catalunya, and of the Institut d'Estudis catalans, as well as boy-scout. I'm also a good friend of the Orfeó Gracienc and, quite often, I'm at the Ateneu Barcelonès, with a friend who is a member, chatting on cinderellas...
Edited by Cursus - 05/20/2020 10:33 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
935 Posts
Posted 05/31/2020   04:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My newest acquisition: An Esperanto cinderella advertising the World Exposition of Children's Drawings and the 17th Spanish Congress of Esperanto in Barcelona, 1956, on a matching postcard.

Edited by erilaz - 05/31/2020 04:52 am
Pillar Of The Community
2170 Posts
Posted 05/31/2020   05:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A very interesting and uncommon item. The card was issued to help fund a children's world stamp exhibition, held at the premises of the Savings Bank at Barcelona's Horta street on March 1956.
It's very interesting the name of the organisation "La Vaguardia Obrera" (Worker's vanguard) a name that should look very "subversive" at the heigh of Franco's dictatorship.
Both, organisation and exhibition premises, were located at the old village of Horta, since 1903 a Barcelona district. But, by 1956 still a "far away" place.
Pillar Of The Community
2170 Posts
Posted 06/02/2020   1:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
First new cinderella in more than 3 months...Barcelona April 1961 "Men's fashion fair". German version.

Edited by Cursus - 06/02/2020 1:17 pm
Pillar Of The Community
2170 Posts
Posted 07/05/2020   07:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Around 1932, Barcelona's Tourist Board, issued some series of poster stamps showing a number of Barcelona contemporary views

Page: of 63 Previous TopicReplies: 932 / Views: 169,571Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 17.61 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05