Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Kansas Nebraska Overprints Of 1929

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Learn More...
United States
4680 Posts
Posted 05/13/2013   1:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kirks to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
rlorenz -- thanks for the info.

I'm an APS Member, I'll investigate.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
44 Posts
Posted 05/13/2013   2:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cgcoins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thats a gorgeous collection! I was lucky enough to find one Kans. used 4c for face value. Interesting history behind these
Valued Member
United States
27 Posts
Posted 05/13/2013   3:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add oldcrow74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Check eBay. There's at least one up.
Valued Member
United States
25 Posts
Posted 09/04/2019   11:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gallejois to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Old thread came up when I was searching K-N overprints. This web page has more info than you probably care to know, but should answer most questions, too.

http://digital.ipcprintservices.com...e_id=2423924
Edited by Gallejois - 09/04/2019 11:31 pm
Valued Member
United States
25 Posts
Posted 09/04/2019   11:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gallejois to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've had this stamp for a few years, and just noticed that it is missing the period (similar to the 669b of the same series, see below). What do you make of this?

Edited by Gallejois - 09/04/2019 11:41 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1907 Posts
Posted 09/05/2019   05:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sharp scans are requested. Scans of the backs are needed also.
Edited by hy-brasil - 09/05/2019 05:39 am
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
168 Posts
Posted 09/05/2019   09:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bud to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Schoen's and Voss' "Counterfeit Kansas-Nebraska Overprints..." is available on Amazon. Very useful publication. I got a decent used copy for about ten bucks as I recall. Well worth it!
Valued Member
United States
25 Posts
Posted 09/12/2019   02:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gallejois to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I assume this is the section you wanted to see rescanned.

I don't need to scan the back. It has the requisite ridges and single gum breaker.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1907 Posts
Posted 09/12/2019   03:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The 5c does not have a missing period/stop. There's ink there, so it's a partial likely due to poor inking. This falls in the EFO area. The 1c value is known to have a period missing (I think) in a couple of plate positions. It would be useful to know if there is a uninked mark visible front or back or not.
Valued Member
United States
25 Posts
Posted 09/13/2019   01:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gallejois to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If you are referring to typewriter impressions, no...that part of the reverse is pristine w/ vertical gum ridges and a single gum breaker pretty much exactly where the "Nebr" is printed. There is lightly disturbed gum on the UR corner from a previous hinge that gives the appearance that this was once part of a pair (or block).
Valued Member
United States
140 Posts
Posted 09/13/2019   07:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pcerio to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have two sets of these

Valued Member
United States
344 Posts
Posted 09/13/2019   09:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 3193zd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Any one else know of a 1 cent missing a period? I had one sent in and the cert says there is an indentation even though no ink so it is not an error. they said back then there were none issued with out a period.
Michael Darabaris
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6182 Posts
Posted 09/13/2019   10:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Who said this? These overprints were similar to precancels; they are surface printed. To my knowledge there should be no indentation.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6182 Posts
Posted 09/13/2019   10:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The one cent Kansas and Nebraska are known without a period.
Edited by revcollector - 09/13/2019 10:13 am
Pillar Of The Community
6571 Posts
Posted 09/13/2019   1:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice sets kirks and pcerio

Maybe I should start looking through my hundreds of late 1800 and early 1900 USA stamps....Might find a gem..haha

Robert
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05