Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Kansas Nebraska Overprints Of 1929

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1829 Posts
Posted 09/14/2019   01:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Gallejois, no, neither is a typewriter "print". There are excellent forgeries otherwise. Plus, if we see a trace of a period on any potential set-off on the back of the 1c, we will know it is not one of positions missing the period.

Refusal to provide clear images hurts any case you may be trying to make and also makes people suspect you have something to hide. Certainly the original 5c image fails to show enough detail to make a determination. Forget about an accurate opinion here about the 1c as things stand. Just send these in to PF or PSE, though it seems you might not trust those organizations either.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by hy-brasil - 09/14/2019 01:22 am
Valued Member
United States
140 Posts
Posted 09/16/2019   07:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pcerio to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Bud Schoen's and Voss' "Counterfeit Kansas-Nebraska Overprints..." is available on Amazon. Very useful publication. I got a decent used copy for about ten bucks as I recall. Well worth it!

It's also found here in PDF format: http://pascackstampclub.weebly.com/...erprints.pdf
Valued Member
United States
338 Posts
Posted 10/17/2019   09:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 3193zd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
SO here is the block close up.

Michael Darabaris
Valued Member
United States
338 Posts
Posted 10/18/2019   10:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 3193zd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The previous picture is from a block of four that I submitted to APS back in 1997. When did someone get a certificate for a missing period? I see on PF that they have 2 blocks of four with the right two stamps missing periods (just like mine)
Michael Darabaris
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05