Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Estonian Stamps

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 168 / Views: 17,578Next Topic
Page: of 12
Pillar Of The Community
2232 Posts
Posted 08/23/2011   08:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much for your compliments Joel. Anyway, I want to rewrite my colection after my visit to Estonia a week ago. I'm interested on 1989/1992 Estonian Postal History items and also on 2001 to date Estonian FDC; I'm some but I would like to complete my collection.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 08/23/2011   12:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice to see all these stamps. Thank you.

Quote:
Is anyone here interested in buying/trading Estonia stamps?

The 'Rules' for this forum do not allow a member to engage in buying / selling / trading until they have reached 50 posts and 14 days I believe it is.

But this number is easy to reach. Look around at other threads / topics and ask questions (keeps us all on our toes!) or add in your opinion. It is OK to waken old topics that you feel you have some input to add to.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
7 Posts
Posted 08/23/2011   9:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sf2l to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I also am a fond collector of Estonian stamps. When the USSR collapsed I wrote letters to addressees like "The Philatelic Department, Central Post Office, Tallinn, Estonia" (and similar to Vilnius, Lithuania and Riga, Latvia) asking to subscribe for new stamps issues. Estonia was the first to reply so I am now subscriber #52. Latvia followed shortly after, while Lithuania did not set up a philatelic service for about 3 years; nonetheless somebody else from Vilnius picked up my letter and I started a correspondence with him and he supplied me with the first issues (2-3 years) of Lithuania.

I also bought a few lots of these countries 1918-40, Estonia being the most advanced with only 3 stamps needed to complete (apart from the 1918 Vilnius Local Issues, which some catalogues consider normal issues; one of these stamps was issued only in 7 (SEVEN) copies. It is the 1 Kop yellow perforated. I have a few of these but am not 100% sure if the overprints are genuine. Here they are. Any expert's opinion welcome

Stefano

Valued Member
Estonia
111 Posts
Posted 08/24/2011   01:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add joelkuiv to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The 'Rules' for this forum do not allow a member to engage in buying / selling / trading until they have reached 50 posts and 14 days I believe it is.

Sorry! I wasn't aware that the rules apply to finding out buying/trading intrests.

Quote:
I have a few of these but am not 100% sure if the overprints are genuine.

I wouldn't call myself an expert but from what I know and what I've seen those look genuine.

Beautiful collection. Thank you for sharing. Don't see those very often.
Valued Member
Estonia
111 Posts
Posted 08/24/2011   01:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add joelkuiv to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cursus - do you have a list of what you have missing?
Pillar Of The Community
2232 Posts
Posted 08/24/2011   03:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I have a list, I use the Estonian cataloge, although with those provissionals You're always unsure.
But is better to wait until you are free to trade. I'm also quite new (a month, or so)and I don't want to break any rules. It's not so hard to reach 50 posts. In one month (from which I haven't posted for 2 weeks) I've nearly reached twice that figure.
Valued Member
Estonia
111 Posts
Posted 08/24/2011   11:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add joelkuiv to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
New Estonia stamp released 20th of August 2011

Rest in Peace
Canada
5701 Posts
Posted 08/24/2011   11:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BeeSee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent posts here, thanks everyone.
BeeSee in BC
"The Postmark is Mightier than the Stamp"
http://brcstamps.com ---- BNAPS, RPSC, APS
Valued Member
Estonia
111 Posts
Posted 08/24/2011   9:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add joelkuiv to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
2 new stamps released today.

Valued Member
Norway
261 Posts
Posted 08/25/2011   12:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add yobo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Both new releases looks good.
Pillar Of The Community
2232 Posts
Posted 08/25/2011   01:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice issues, the Estonian Parliament at Toompea and St Margaret's church in Muhu island (I guess). But tell me Joel: Do you know why they issue a new 0.58 € definitive stamp, afer 2 1/2 months of issuing this one:

If there's a need of more 0.58 € stamps. Would't it be easier just to run another print of the June one?

Post offices, will never stop surprising me...
Valued Member
Estonia
111 Posts
Posted 08/25/2011   01:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add joelkuiv to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Few days ago I asked for those purple 0.58 € stamps, they said they are all out and no more will be printed. And today there is more...just a different color. I am not sure as of right now why they decided to change it.
I was surprised to even see this stamp released. It was not in the 2011 release plan.
Pillar Of The Community
2232 Posts
Posted 08/25/2011   03:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So, it will become one of the shortest lives modern Estonian stamps, Oddly enough for a definitive! I think I did well keeping this:

as a souvenir.
Edited by Cursus - 08/25/2011 03:13 am
Valued Member
Estonia
111 Posts
Posted 08/25/2011   04:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add joelkuiv to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think so too.

They only printed 200 000 of the purple ones. 750 000 for the new green one.
I'm not surprised that they went so fast. It costs 0.58 € to send a letter out of the country so must have been a perfect stamp for everyone.
Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 08/25/2011   05:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
On the new Estonian stamps, do they have a phosphorescent tagging, and, if yes, how is it applied? On all four edges like Canada, or on two edges or just one or perhaps the paper itself is all-over fluorescent?

What type of UV lamp would you need to examine this? Long or short wave?
Page: of 12 Previous TopicReplies: 168 / Views: 17,578Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05