Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Classic Stamps Of Danzig

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3697 Posts
Posted 02/19/2020   3:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Oops. Thanks for the correction cupram. I wondered why there was no notation beneath them in my album. Age is catching up!

There is a great deal of variation in these overprints, as far as color and sharpness is concerned. I wouldn't hazard a guess as to their genuineness, especially from a computer screen.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by bookbndrbob - 02/19/2020 3:16 pm
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
2507 Posts
Posted 02/19/2020   5:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There is a nice thread on these in the other forumů.
https://stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=49505
Valued Member
Romania
121 Posts
Posted 02/20/2020   03:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello perf12
Thanks for the site. It was very helpful ... at first look the overprints seem genuine.

Issued in 1921, Sc # 53-58, Serrate Roulette 13 1/2.
New issue of a few stamps of serie (25.40 and 80 pf) with perforation 14 (Sc#61)

Valued Member
United Kingdom
6 Posts
Posted 02/21/2020   11:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jboden to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Images of part of postcard with a vertical pair of Mi 290D. The postmark is 'DANZIG 5/31.8.39 7' i.e. on the eve of the outbreak of 2nd World War. Not the bottom of the lower stamp with the sub-affixed selvage beneath. I've added a scan of the reverse of the card, can anyone translate the text into english?

Pillar Of The Community
United States
4522 Posts
Posted 03/01/2020   10:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My collection of Danzig ,

Valued Member
Romania
121 Posts
Posted 03/01/2020   3:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Floortrader, wonderful presentation.
Looking at your collection, I can see how many stamps I still need...
Stamps from 1939 (Sc # 234-237) showing historical events in Danzig.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
4522 Posts
Posted 03/03/2020   09:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Since I got a overwhelming respond from my friends here ,I thought I would add more pages from my collection .

Valued Member
United States
97 Posts
Posted 03/03/2020   6:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rich60 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Floortrader
Thanks for sharing your Danzig collection with everyone. I collect Germany and have a real soft spot for Danzig.

Thanks
Rich
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4522 Posts
Posted 03/08/2020   10:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
-More of my pages ---

Valued Member
United States
204 Posts
Posted 03/12/2020   11:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Linus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That is a beautiful collection, Floortrader. I prefer the look of clear mounts myself. Really nice.

I just happened to acquire the used, Danzig Scott #2, block of 4 shown below for my WW block collection. It's a little rough, but it's a survivor.

Linus

Pillar Of The Community
United States
4522 Posts
Posted 03/22/2020   09:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Last three pages

Valued Member
Romania
121 Posts
Posted 03/23/2020   06:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello and thank you "floortrader"
I think I don't need Michel catalogue for reference,your pages collection are sufficient.
George
Valued Member
United Kingdom
6 Posts
Posted 03/23/2020   07:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jboden to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi 'floor trader', thanks for sharing. However if we were all to upload our collections then this forum would lose its value.
Please don't be offended.
Best regards
Jerzy
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4522 Posts
Posted 03/23/2020   08:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"Please don't be offended " -YES , I am .

"If we were all to upload our collections" ---Most of you just got piles of junk , MOST OF YOU....not all but most . A few of us have been going to major stamp auctions for years and we see your stuff come up for auction and in my case ,over 50 years -----IT IS ACCUMALTIONS not collections ,junk is the correct term to the auction houses employees .

"This forum would lose it value " Seriously ------Over 20 years I been posting stuff from my collection . Yes 20 years on chatrooms ......and what do I see ? People who answer questions and others call them "EXPERTS" yea they are experts because they can add internet links ,these are your experts ,I rarely see what the heck do they collect ,or do they even have a collection ? Experts ---hell !!!! Let me say those who have and show their collections are the value to this site .

PLEASE READ THIS AND GET OFFENDED .
Valued Member
United Kingdom
6 Posts
Posted 03/23/2020   11:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jboden to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi 'floor trader',
I hope you enjoyed your rant. If you are looking for a pissing contest I have to inform you that I have been collecting for 62 years.
Is there anything special in your collection, any special items, or are the stamps standard items.
If you have specials why not share them individually, that way we may learn something.
Why should I be offended?
Keep taking the pills
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05