Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Perfins On Austrian Stamps During 1850 -1918 Era

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 28 / Views: 9,322Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29695 Posts
Posted 09/21/2011   05:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
On the cusp 1922.
Large rectangular Vienna pmk (Rail Parcel?]
Looks like a sewing machine puncture.

I reckon perhaps was a large "B"
(maybe theft prevention device)

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Romania
886 Posts
Posted 09/21/2011   05:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Wadmalatz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
BAUER

Paget & Co Wien (pmk. Wien 1888)

Pillar Of The Community
Romania
886 Posts
Posted 09/21/2011   06:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Wadmalatz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Postmark: Triest 14/8 88 Bahnhof.
Perfin: J.P.

Pillar Of The Community
Romania
886 Posts
Posted 09/21/2011   06:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Wadmalatz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
4 stamps, same perfin, ALL of them franked in Prague (visible year 1899, and maybe 1892).So probably the `K&M` perfin was made in Prague?

Pillar Of The Community
Romania
886 Posts
Posted 09/21/2011   06:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Wadmalatz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Perfin: A.G. 1831, stamp franked in Prague. Found many of these on Hungarian Envelope Type issues
http://goscf.com/t/12575&SearchTerm...arian,perfin

A.G. 1831= Assicurazioni Generali, here`s the history:
http://holding.generali.at/__C1256A...OpenDocument

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1111 Posts
Posted 09/21/2011   07:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PoStat4evR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
All great posts. It is interesting to see other peoples items.
Wadmalatz: K&M doesn't show up in Czechoslovakia catalog. Don't know about Austrian cat.
Rod222: Looks like a B to me.
Pillar Of The Community
Romania
886 Posts
Posted 09/21/2011   08:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Wadmalatz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for information, pmk then probably on arrival. Unfortunately I have no perfin-catalogue at all. I`ll keep posting more perfins from this period (1850-1918), I`d be glad to receive information if you have any (the A.G. 1831 I knew only because appears on Hungarian stamps too)
Here`s another, H.A.G WIEN

Pillar Of The Community
Romania
886 Posts
Posted 09/21/2011   09:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Wadmalatz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
H.S&S

K.I.G.

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
4583 Posts
Posted 09/21/2011   2:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bujutsu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All

Here is a small list I have in my files for Austrian perfins. Note that some of these are listed for the Austrian Levant in Turkey.

Constantinople Banque Imperial Ottomane BIO
Constantinople C.A. Sylvestre C.A.S.
Constantinople Credit Lyonnais C.L
Constantinople Establissment Orosdi-Bank EOB
Constantinople G. Capayannides G.C.
Constantinople L.M.
Constantinople, Smyrna Wiener Bank Verein WBV
Smyrna Banque Hongroise Commerce B.H.
Smyrna Geo. Stameny G.S.
Smyrna Oriental Carpet O.C.M.
Smyrna Paul Milberg P.M.
Smyrna T.

Hope this helps

Chimo

Bujutsu
Edited by Bujutsu - 09/21/2011 2:37 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1111 Posts
Posted 09/21/2011   8:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PoStat4evR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wadmalatz: Wow! A Triese & a Banhoft cancel! Impressive.

Don't show any listing in CZ cat for any of the others, but when I get my Austria Catalog (or someone else on the group has one) we will figure out
who they belong to.

Bujutsu: Great listing. You have some nice canels/Perfins there.

Bob

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1111 Posts
Posted 09/22/2011   7:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PoStat4evR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Below are the front and back scans of a rather interesting item. In the Austria Catalog it is listed as pattern H113 (HTV). In the Czechoslovakian catalog it is listed as Item V12 (VHT). The CZ catalog does NOT have an ID. I am still waiting on my Austria cat to get here, so not sure if they ID it either.
In addition, it is on a Semi-Postal Issue B-5 issue 1915.
It also has a Prague postmark (Prah).

If any of you out there have an ID, I would not complain to hear it.

Enjoy...
Bob

Valued Member
Austria
175 Posts
Posted 10/06/2016   04:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tommtomm to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just trying to answer some questions from the past.

The Nussbickel H-113 (the @HVT-65 perfin in the Austrian perfin catalog) was used from 1905 to 1918, and has been the perforation sign of the following trading company:

Handelsgesellschaft der Vereinigten Tafelglasfabriken

(Trading company of the united ewry manufactories)
Canada
2 Posts
Posted 06/02/2020   9:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add FDI to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Any idea on this one?

Thanks
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 28 / Views: 9,322Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05