Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Good Auction Sites Other Than Ebay For Newbies

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 35,606Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
United States
987 Posts
Posted 04/16/2018   2:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add TinMan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is the Link for Stamps to Go. https://stamps2go.com/default.aspx
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
I collect U.S. Singles, Se-Tenants, Souvenir sheets and Canadian Singles.
Valued Member
United States
142 Posts
Posted 04/16/2018   3:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ajuchum to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
When I went to the wensy.com site it said the domain was for sale. Too bad, the Canadian mentioned got my attention.

Sorry, I didn't notice that this thread began so long ago. Now I'm not surprised by the website being gone.
Edited by ajuchum - 04/16/2018 3:40 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
646 Posts
Posted 04/16/2018   3:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add oldguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
StampOrama is a good site for beginners.... https://stamporama.com/approvals/ap...als_main.php

I use it occasionally to sell stamps and to buy stamps ... They have both an auction format and an approval format.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
987 Posts
Posted 04/16/2018   4:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add TinMan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I sometimes buy on StampOrama too.
I collect U.S. Singles, Se-Tenants, Souvenir sheets and Canadian Singles.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1833 Posts
Posted 04/16/2018   5:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
HipStamp and eBay are my go-to's.

Jack
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4905 Posts
Posted 04/16/2018   5:26 pm  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For a new collector, given the mine fields of misrepresentation out there, I would recommend the APS Stamp Store at https://stampstore.org.

Anyone can shop there, APS member or not, but members get a lower price. Return policies if stamps are not as described, and reduced cost expertization available on checkout, if you're thinking on buying a more expensive stamp.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
562 Posts
Posted 04/16/2018   6:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add modernstamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've only ever bought from eBay for stamps.
Thanks for the links.
I will check out these websites.
Valued Member
United States
245 Posts
Posted 04/16/2018   9:31 pm  Show Profile Check pascoe's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add pascoe to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I believe bid start has now become www.hipstamp.com - which hasn't been mention yet in this thread.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2426 Posts
Posted 04/16/2018   10:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chasa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
hipstamp cannot be considered an auction site... in my specialty 'precancels', they list 12,108 items for sale ONE is an auction. none of the 12,107 items for sale are listed at attractive prices.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1552 Posts
Posted 04/17/2018   12:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
ZOS at one time seemed to have possibilities but there only seem to be a few dealers using it. If you collect foreign Delcampe is an option but there are mostly foreign sellers, many in Europe. So shipping tends to be high, sellers charge fees for using paypal (who then charges you for currency conversion), and overall its a bit more of the "Wild West" than eBay. Be extremely cautious and only buy from sellers who accept paypal.

The stampworld catalog website has sellers as well but frankly I've never bought there. I wouldnt touch a thing on that site unless the seller accepts paypal.

One last idea is bidorbuy.co.za. Its based in South Africa so not a lot of USA stamps to be found.
Edited by shermae - 04/17/2018 12:53 am
Valued Member
United States
180 Posts
Posted 08/13/2020   6:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add carabop to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I know this post started a long while ago. But I wondered if anyone has had any dealings with golden valley stamp auctions? They are a dealer in MN and have monthly stamp auctions online. Are there auctions good to buy at?
Thanks
Carabop
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 35,606Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05