Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Bolivia 10 Centavos Colour Difference

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Sweden
116 Posts
Posted 09/26/2011   1:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add mrmagic to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Normally I dont collect Bolivian stamps. but i#7743; sure they have many interesting stamps and variations.
this one was so obvious so I keep them just for fun.

I you have any oddities, show us yours.
They dont have to be from Bolivia.

Best regards mrmagic

im mot sure thay are pre 1940 but im assuming that they are.

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
6453 Posts
Posted 09/26/2011   1:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This looks like an unissued stamp put out in 1915. According to Scott's, "Nine values commemorating the Guiqui-La Paz railroad were printed in 1915 but never issued. Typographed forgeries exist."
The image of one 2c stamp is shown, same border but different picture in the frame. No other info I can see is given. I can't find this stamp anywhere else in the catalogue.
Perhaps, and I'm just guessing, the top rougher looking stamp is a forgery while the bottom better quality stamp is one of the unissued?

Here's the listing in Scott's

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by jamesw - 09/26/2011 2:01 pm
Valued Member
Sweden
116 Posts
Posted 09/26/2011   2:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mrmagic to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
interesting info.
Thanks James.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6732 Posts
Posted 10/23/2011   6:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add khj to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
Germany
132 Posts
Posted 05/29/2012   2:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add heinz55 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, I am new here, so maybe you can help me.
The stamps shown above and in the links, some of them are also in my collection of Bolivia.
The information is precious to me.
But: The links lead to scans only. Is there more? How could I access the Witt collection?
thank you very much!
Heinz55
Valued Member
Australia
426 Posts
Posted 05/30/2012   04:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add peterethio to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hopefully this link will get you there:

http://www.cinderellas.info/wittcol...llection.htm

Valued Member
United States
7 Posts
Posted 01/01/2020   7:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DRisser to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The set is listed as numbers 120-128 in the Cefilco Bolivia catalog. It shows as issued in 1914 to honor the new railroad between Gauqui and La Paz. The original set is nicely engraved in Belgium but never put into circulation. Later there were terrible forgeries with colored borders, quite ugly. Although the Cefilco catalog values them at $100 USD, the true value is under $10 and they are often offered on eBay. Accoreding to the Sofilpaz catalog, they also exist imperforate tho I have not seen them. The litho forgeries are essentially valueless.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05