Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

GB : Official Perfins Identified Here.

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15
Valued Member
Malta
9 Posts
Posted 03/07/2016   04:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kobo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Is that A.B or AB? How tall are the letters?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
2857 Posts
Posted 03/07/2016   09:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nigelc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi ROd,

The only ID with A and B having 10 and 13 pins in my catalogue is for Allen Brothers & Co. Ltd. London EC which has the letters A over B. i.e. A/B in the usual notation. This is known used in the period 1905 to 1925.
Nigel
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
2857 Posts
Posted 03/07/2016   09:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nigelc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In case you have a blind pin, amongst the other horizontal AB IDs there is one with 10 & 14 pins for Allison Bros, London EC.
Nigel
Valued Member
Malta
9 Posts
Posted 03/07/2016   09:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kobo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have an A.B with 10,13 in my catalogue. Letters 7mm tall. This is for A van den Bok, 34 Wellington St, Covent Garden Market, London WC.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
28412 Posts
Posted 03/07/2016   10:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you gentlemen,
I presumed the AB would be an easy solve. (image not required) I was wrong again.
Here is the hex postmark (duplex)

Unable to measure, stamp is in a stock book somewhere.
I'll go with Kobo's A van den bok (is there a puncture between A and B ?)
(thought bubble) I wonder is Threadneedle st, near Covent garden? (Hmmmm 2 miles)

Genealogy
NAME: Adrian Van Den Bok
AGE IN 1911: 45
ESTIMATED BIRTH YEAR: 1866
RELATION TO HEAD: Head
CIVIL PARISH: Camberwell
COUNTY/ISLAND: London
STREET ADDRESS: 8 Crescent Wood House, Crescent Wood Road, Sydenham Hill SE
MARITAL STATUS: Married

Edited by rod222 - 03/07/2016 10:40 am
Valued Member
Malta
9 Posts
Posted 03/08/2016   3:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kobo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rod, The proportions of the stamp indicate to me that the letters are certainly not 7mm high so allied to the lack of a full stop between the A and the B I can only conclude that this is not the Adrian Van Den Bok perfin. I suspect it is an as yet unidentified one, many QV & KEVII perfins remain unidentified. Although I don't have the latest GB Perfin Society Illustrated catalogues I do have the Tomkins v10 (latest) enhanced by GBPS updates to date so I am pretty much up to date on published identities.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
28412 Posts
Posted 03/08/2016   3:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much indeed Kobo, it shall be mounted as "unidentified"
Appreciate your knowledge / research.
Hungary
4 Posts
Posted 03/18/2016   06:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add belu25 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Does anybody know something about this perfin?
The c letter is imperfect.
[img] http://(160324) Not Allowed - Auto-Removed/view/160315/8._www.(160324) Not Allowed - Auto-Removed_.jpg [/ img]
[img] http://(160324) Not Allowed - Auto-Removed/view/160315/xx_www.(160324) Not Allowed - Auto-Removed_.jpg [/ img]
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1685 Posts
Posted 03/18/2016   10:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scotzm to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Including Victorian times, there have been P A C perfins on stamps of every British King and Queen. Normally attributed to The Prudential Assurance Company Ltd
Check this link on SCF for a long list...
http://goscf.com/t/20188&whichpage=6#199764

edit for spelling
Edited by scotzm - 03/18/2016 10:22 am
Hungary
4 Posts
Posted 03/24/2016   02:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add belu25 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Does anybody know something about this perfin?
The c letter is imperfect.
[img] http://(160324) Not Allowed - Auto-Removed/view/160315/8._www.(160324) Not Allowed - Auto-Removed_.jpg [/ img]
[img] http://(160324) Not Allowed - Auto-Removed/view/160315/xx_www.(160324) Not Allowed - Auto-Removed_.jpg [/ img]
Hungary
4 Posts
Posted 03/24/2016   02:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add belu25 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A nice piece.
Defective punch + inverted letter L.

http://www.(160324) Not Allowed - Auto-Removed/view/160324/4_www.(160324) Not Allowed - Auto-Removed_.jpg
Edited by belu25 - 03/24/2016 02:22 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
28412 Posts
Posted 03/24/2016   02:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
With respect,
I care to disagree with your assumption.

(A nice piece. Defective punch + inverted letter L.)

The stamps are often folded during puncturing process, giving them different formats
when unfolded.
I'd suggest this is just a normal KC / L

Here are 4 "stamps" I have perfinned KC / L with a belt punch
4 stamps folded, then punctured.
Your result is the stamp in top left

Edited by rod222 - 03/24/2016 4:21 pm
Hungary
4 Posts
Posted 03/24/2016   04:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add belu25 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks.
This is useful information.
Valued Member
Canada
213 Posts
Posted 03/29/2016   10:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Northener0 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's 3 I would like help with. Went though the post and if I missed them sorry.
Stamp #1 I think it's EWCB. The C has a diagonal line through it

Stamp #2

Stamp #3 This one looks like it had a broken pin in the last H. Unless it's not a H. Pretty sure it's suppose to be HUTH.

Thanks for any and all info.

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
28412 Posts
Posted 03/30/2016   01:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

HUTH Perfin from my GB Album

Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 3.68 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05