Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Same Stamp - Different Value

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11
Pillar Of The Community
2064 Posts
Posted 05/21/2019   9:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
To elaborate on eraserman's post, the 01 Kestrel stamp was issued in 1991. The 1c version was issued in 1995 as a replacement due to people using the 01 version upside down as a 10 cent stamp ... and most getting through undetected.

Here are two slightly overpaying the 19 cent postcard rate:

Here are 3 slightly overpaying the 32 cent letter rate:

Or are they underpaying!!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Brazil
203 Posts
Posted 05/21/2019   10:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rigel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
'the two Uruguay stamps are not identical'

There are little differences, in fact, but the design is the same, I think. I posted them because I'm seeing that the flowers of Indonesia also has differences besides the values, as the years at the sides and the position of he symbols. What would be exactly 'same stamp'?
Edited by Rigel - 05/21/2019 10:29 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2711 Posts
Posted 05/21/2019   11:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with you Rigel. There are minor differences on many of the postings on this thread. For example, on the 1c kestrel stamp, illustrated above, the bird illustrations are not the same size on the two stamps.

Maybe a little nitpicking here, in my opinion. The maps and inscriptions on your posting are essentially the same. I would ignore the criticism and move on.
Valued Member
United States
18 Posts
Posted 05/24/2019   4:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add eraserman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
John is that why they changed it. Wow I did not know that. You learn something new everyday.

I have a sheet of both of them as I like the fact the denoms were changed.
Bedrock Of The Community
United States
11825 Posts
Posted 06/09/2019   5:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KuoLC5310 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mexico
Exporta - Silverware and Jewelry
1980 - $50
1988 - $600

Valued Member
United States
18 Posts
Posted 06/11/2019   3:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add eraserman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Boy do I got one for you.

The forever stamp has been release 3 times with rate changes so I only included one since the stamp design does not change nor does it have the denomination on it.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6312 Posts
Posted 06/11/2019   5:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Eraserman, does the year of issue indication change on the forever stamp ?

Peter
Valued Member
United States
18 Posts
Posted 06/11/2019   8:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add eraserman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What do you mean change?

Do you mean change numerically or location on the stamp because the answer is yes to both.

Notice the 2011 on the top left corner.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-Scott...AOSwBFlbv3AY

Notice the 2012 on the lower right corner.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Scott...AOSwt-dc4sFY

Notice the 2014 on the lower left corner.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sc-4704b-F...AOSw2gxY2rLJ
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2711 Posts
Posted 06/12/2019   11:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The "Briat" Marianne stamps of France are also known as "the blind Marianne".

Bedrock Of The Community
United States
11825 Posts
Posted 07/07/2019   4:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KuoLC5310 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
El Salvador
Centenary of the Republic
June 7, 2015
The stamps celebrates the foundation of the Republic on July 7, 1915.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2711 Posts
Posted 07/12/2019   12:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are three examples from Ireland's 2002-4, euro-denominated "Birds" series. All of these stamps are from different, self-adhesive booklets.

The puffin appeared as a 50c stamp (Sc #1449), and then as a 60c stamp (Sc #1525). The song thrush was first a 57c stamp (Sc #1398), but later was issued as a 65c stamp (Sc #1526).

The pied wagtail stamps are more interesting. The design was issued as an "N" domestic rate stamp (Sc #1495) on August 25, 2003, after the rate went up to 48c. A month later, on September 30, the design reappeared as a 48c stamp (Sc #1515). The "N' stamp must have been printed before it was absolutely certain what the domestic rate would be, because a different 48c "Birds" definitive was also issued on August 25, 2003.

Edited by bookbndrbob - 07/12/2019 12:21 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
774 Posts
Posted 07/12/2019   3:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Outremer01 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Guernsey
1st October 1969 onwards and 6th January 1971 onwards
definitives in Sterling ( s d) and decimal ( p)

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
774 Posts
Posted 07/12/2019   3:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Outremer01 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Guernsey and Alderney
Guernsey - 1st Oct 2007 & 18th June 2010

Alderney 14th June 2008 & 18th June 2010

(good place for a picnic?)
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
902 Posts
Posted 07/13/2019   05:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Galeoptix to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Florianm

Quote:
I have been trying to spot any differences in the identical colour scheme between the two stamps in my collection and indeed there are very very few and, moreover, these are minute. The most conspicuous one appears to be the small parallelogram below the letter S in the inscription NATURVARDSARET: the parallelogram consists of blue lines in the 55 ore value while that in the 70 ore one has lines which are violet in colour.

Strangely enough, your pair presents the same differences as mine.

A most remarkable set for the printing process used. Could anyone provide more information about it?

Giori-process !

The lines do not need to have the same colour all the time, this depends on the ink-rollers that feed the ink to the Goebel-press.

Rein
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
774 Posts
Posted 07/13/2019   06:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Outremer01 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
France

Numerous examples of "same stamp, different value" can be found in the definitive series of France.

Here, on an album page, are some examples of one design, in two colours and with multiple face values. In most, if not all cases, the coil stamps shown are also available as sheet examples, i.e. fully perforated.

Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.87 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05