Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Same Stamp - Different Value

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 199 / Views: 27,059Next Topic
Page: of 14
Pillar Of The Community
1508 Posts
Posted 11/17/2011   11:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fifia to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Now if we would accept the Saarland as a seperate region, not/almost but as a country, then we would have the same stamp, different values and the same colours.

Wt1, what you think?

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
1508 Posts
Posted 11/17/2011   11:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fifia to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
ncbuckeye

is this what you are talking about?

Pillar Of The Community
1508 Posts
Posted 11/17/2011   11:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fifia to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a different one. Same stamp, different colour, different values and a different region.

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
5020 Posts
Posted 11/17/2011   11:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lithograving to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Canada

Unitrade (Scott) CE1 issued in 1942

Notice the hidden date.

Unitrade (Scott) CE2 issued in 1943 now as 17c due to rate change

Even the hidden date was re-engraved to 1943

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
2277 Posts
Posted 11/17/2011   12:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nitrolures to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Canada unitrade 1534 50c and 1535 88c along with 1534ii 52c and 1535ii 90c . I don't have pics but the ii's were duplicate printings in anticipation of a rate hike that never happened with catalog values of $200 and $600 respectively MNH. Very few were released and most broken into singles . I've seen them on eBay at high prices but never accidentely found one. Good examples of modern mistakes that have great value.
Pillar Of The Community
1508 Posts
Posted 11/17/2011   12:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fifia to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, lithograving

Isn't that date amazing. I am just fascinated. One looks at this piece of paper called stamp and a whole world unfolds.

I am going to post the rest of these stamps in the definitive thread.

Edited by fifia - 11/17/2011 12:41 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
United States
12128 Posts
Posted 11/17/2011   2:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wt1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Wt1, what you think?

The post from Saarland would not generally qualify, as a different country's name appears on the stamp, so it's not the "same stamp". If you do want it to qualify, then you would have to open up the thread to joint issues from different countries, which would always account for denominational differences.

Likewise, the second post on this page, showing stamps with a mechanical denomination imprint would not qualify, as anyone would have been able to make them for virtually any denomination.

The third and fifth sets of stamps shown on this page are of different colors (either the color of the stamp or the color of the denomination), so as referred to earlier, the color variations would not qualify.

The set of stamps from Canada would qualify, as the design and colors are the same but the denomination is different.

As alluded to earlier, the US (and many other countries) have series of stamps (primarily postage due stamps) that have multiple values within the same stamp color/design, so this post could expand significantly if all of those BOB items were to be included.

Just my opinion, of course.
Edited by wt1 - 11/17/2011 2:36 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
United States
12128 Posts
Posted 11/17/2011   3:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wt1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think these two US Stamps would qualify as part of this thread.

Although the script is different, the main design and colors are the same, yet the denominations are different:

Pillar Of The Community
Israel
6190 Posts
Posted 11/17/2011   3:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am in agreement with wt1 on what should be included both shown here and generally.
The item below almost qualifies, but dosen't.

The following do:

Northern Ireland.

4 values are shown above but there are more, how many I am not sure without checking. The first of them, the 'E' stamp was first issued on March 6th, 2001

Londonbus1
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
6190 Posts
Posted 11/17/2011   3:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Clocktowers of Israel, 2004.

From sheets.

From the beautiful Prestige Booklet.

Londonbus1
Pillar Of The Community
1508 Posts
Posted 11/17/2011   3:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fifia to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What should we do? wt1, LB1 and everyone. What would you recommend?

What route would make the most sense? Keep it simple?

Same stamp, same country, different value.

Here is one from 1946 Allied Control Commission

Edited by fifia - 11/17/2011 4:17 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
United States
12128 Posts
Posted 11/17/2011   4:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wt1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Same stamp, same country, different value

I'd modify it to: "Same stamp, same country, SAME COLOR, different value."

(Of course, do plan to see a lot of BOB stamps posted (i.e. postage due), unless you specifically omit those.)
Pillar Of The Community
1508 Posts
Posted 11/17/2011   4:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fifia to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
wt1, I do not understand BOB. You right I forgot the color. Thanks.

Here is one more.

and the correct scan for the Nofretete. Having worked for BMW left his mark. Just have to do it always right!

Edited by fifia - 11/17/2011 5:18 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
United States
12128 Posts
Posted 11/17/2011   5:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wt1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
BOB = Back of Book (i.e. postage due, special handling, etc.).
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
5020 Posts
Posted 11/17/2011   5:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lithograving to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just curious LB. Why don't these 2 of yours qualify?

Page: of 14 Previous TopicReplies: 199 / Views: 27,059Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 3.53 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05