Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Santa Stamps

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 110 / Views: 20,259Next Topic
Page: of 8
Pillar Of The Community
1508 Posts
Posted 12/05/2011   2:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add fifia to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Checked and there is no Santa thread. Maybe we add some nice cancellations. Just realized today's date. St. Nicklas is coming
tonight in Europe. When I was a kid I used to get 'Pantoffel'
(house shoes) filled with candy and nuts....

here is the same striped cancellation as in a previous thread.

Send note to Staff
Edited by fifia - 12/05/2011 4:12 pm

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5774 Posts
Posted 12/05/2011   2:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cjd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder if Santa appeared on a postage stamp prior to 1920? I'll be interested to see the oldest depiction someone comes up with here.

(By "Santa" I mean "fat guy in a Santa suit" and by "stamp" I mean "postal or semi-postal, listed in at least one of the four main world-wide catalogues.")
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9747 Posts
Posted 12/05/2011   2:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
my wife has a Saint Nicholas..Sinterklaas collection..i will see if I can get her to contribute !!
APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
6516 Posts
Posted 12/05/2011   2:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a couple drawn by children.

And just for you fifia...

Pillar Of The Community
USA
9747 Posts
Posted 12/05/2011   3:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Heres on of my cards from 1908 I think ST

. Nicholas ..Santa Claus was in transition around that time..in any case if I caught him trying to come down my chimney I would slap the tar out of him !!
APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
29888 Posts
Posted 12/05/2011   3:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Tuberculosis seal 1921

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
6516 Posts
Posted 12/05/2011   3:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If those kids have tuberculosis, Santa really shouldn't be taking them down the chimbley!
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
29888 Posts
Posted 12/05/2011   3:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

No they are rugged up,
he's off to take them to meet the elves.

1913 Christmas seal
http://goscf.com/t/10495

Pillar Of The Community
1508 Posts
Posted 12/05/2011   3:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fifia to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jamesw, thanks for the Se-tant.I love you,too.

here is a beauty, an almost Santa stamp.

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
6516 Posts
Posted 12/05/2011   3:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5774 Posts
Posted 12/05/2011   3:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cjd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'll hang the mistletoe...Rod, you spike the punch.

Pillar Of The Community
1508 Posts
Posted 12/05/2011   4:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fifia to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Lebkuchen Santa

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
6516 Posts
Posted 12/05/2011   5:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a Santa postmark.

December 21 seems a little late to be suggesting shopping and mailing early.

But on the lighter side, that would have been my first Christmas! I would have been a mere 5 months old. Awwwwwwww.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
6516 Posts
Posted 12/05/2011   5:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Jamesw, thanks for the Se-tant

Wouldn't that be called a Santa-nant?
Edited by jamesw - 12/05/2011 5:08 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
5020 Posts
Posted 12/05/2011   5:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lithograving to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Austrian FDC showing the St Nicholas stamp of 1983 issued on December 6
which is his feast day.

Issued in the village of St. Nichola/Pram , Upper Austria.

Pillar Of The Community
1508 Posts
Posted 12/05/2011   6:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fifia to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Edited by fifia - 12/05/2011 6:12 pm
Page: of 8 Previous TopicReplies: 110 / Views: 20,259Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 3.04 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05