Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

France : The SCF Cinderella Catalogue.

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 176 / Views: 25,255Next Topic
Page: of 12
Valued Member
United States
86 Posts
Posted 10/05/2015   09:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Polimom to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
rod222 -- Hunh. After I saw your post, it took me almost an hour to find that postcard again this morning. (Wasn't sure I still had it - thought I'd dropped it into a club auction) How does one place a value on a postcard like this?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
351 Posts
Posted 10/06/2015   1:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampalotapus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have checked all possible leads that I could think of to find any information on the below Cinderella, but all to no avail.

Can any one here at this fine Forum provide me with any information on (other than the obvious)?

Your kind attention & assistance with the above will be greatly appreciated.

regards,
Stampalotapus
Valued Member
United States
351 Posts
Posted 10/07/2015   10:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampalotapus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Can any one here at this fine Forum provide me with any information on (other than the obvious)?

Your kind attention & assistance with the above will be greatly appreciated.

Anyone?

Regards,
Stampalotapus
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7239 Posts
Posted 10/07/2015   11:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stampalotapus, as a general Cinderella collector I can give you some basic information, but nothing specific.

These were produced in the 1920's or 30's, I believe. They were printed setenant in sheets. They must have been done over some period of time, because there are different printers, and the designs, frames and print quality varies, as do the subject towns or sites. I have seen the same series in different colors...which is not uncommon for European cinderellas. These various French cinderellas of different towns and sites may have been done to promote tourism. I have also seen them with scenes of French colonies.

As I said, I am not familiar enough with French material to know the story behind these labels, but below are 2 others from 2 different series by the same printer as yours, plus a cinderella from a series by a different printer.

If you search "cinderellas" or "France cinderellas" on eBay, you will undoubtedly see some labels similar to yours. Hope this is helpful.

Edited by bookbndrbob - 10/07/2015 11:51 pm
Valued Member
United States
351 Posts
Posted 10/08/2015   2:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampalotapus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
bookbndrbob, yes this is quite helpful.

Thank you for you assistance with this.

Regards,
Stampalotapus
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36808 Posts
Posted 10/08/2015   10:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Polimon
emailed you.
If you set a price on the toour de eiffel , let me know.
Thanks.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6128 Posts
Posted 10/10/2015   3:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
Australia
415 Posts
Posted 10/11/2015   4:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pagoda to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Floortrader,

what is the year of issue of the Rouen Red Cross labels,

Pagoda
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6128 Posts
Posted 10/12/2015   12:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't have any reference point for that set ,but just by the printing and design I would say WW1 .
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7239 Posts
Posted 10/20/2015   4:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a pair of World War I anti-German propaganda labels. These were from a series of 4, I believe. The other 2 were not quite as inflammatory.

The one on the left pleads for French people not to buy German goods..."the hands that produce them are red with the blood of our soldiers." The one on the right tells you to ignore the smile.."in every German there is a spy."

Edited by bookbndrbob - 10/20/2015 4:01 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6128 Posts
Posted 10/22/2015   07:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
From my collection ..

Pillar Of The Community
United States
7239 Posts
Posted 10/28/2015   1:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"Federation Philatelique De France" labels probably from the 1920's. Each strip is 38mm x 91mm.

Edited by bookbndrbob - 10/28/2015 1:48 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1611 Posts
Posted 12/07/2015   5:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mike33 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Got this in a France collection I recently picked up

Belgium
3 Posts
Posted 07/14/2017   1:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mattvcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Letimbre,

How is your collection of souvenir items of the Eiffel Tower going?
Could you elaborate some more on the Paris view stamps attached to the Eiffel Tower postcards or provide a good source?

Kind regards
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
752 Posts
Posted 07/15/2017   03:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Johan Buvelot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
2 additions to the catalogue.

1: RECP vignet on postcard.

2) 1943 Exposition Aerienne Paris not rare, but on a cover send abroad difficult.

Page: of 12 Previous TopicReplies: 176 / Views: 25,255Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05