Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

France : The SCF Cinderella Catalogue.

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 90 / Views: 18,030Next Topic
Page: of 6
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5131 Posts
Posted 11/12/2018   1:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are some anti-tuberculosis seals from 1966-67. The artist is Jean A. Mercier, signed on the right of each label, but barely discernible. An internet search found watercolor work and signature consistent with that on the labels.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5131 Posts
Posted 11/25/2018   12:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are are few more of the WWI era propaganda labels, as shown on the 5th page of this thread. The first two are titled "Austrian Objectives". One is subtitled "Padua - A destroyed theatre" and the other is subtitled "Padua - Popular Housing" . The last one is titled "The War in Italy". Subtitle reads "On Mt. Adamello" (alpine troops).

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31273 Posts
Posted 11/29/2018   6:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Ferdinand Bouffard, Bordeaux Trade Mark.
Chateaux Pavie, St. Emilion.
8 Gold Medals
Poster stamp / Seal of Authenticity.

Sundry Delandres Vignettes.

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
6525 Posts
Posted 01/04/2021   11:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'd like to show this 1938 French TB seal, of which I have two copies. Rod in particular may be interested, as he's shown us quite a number of French seals in his collection.
This particular seal, apart from colour variations, shows quiet a registration shift. I've lined the two seals up along the top of the image frame, rather than the perforated edge, to better show what areas have shifted.

Note in the right sample how the word NET has shifted drastically upward into the image. There's also a slight shift in the word EN PROPRE. Indication of two separate plates for these red words?
Also, the Cross has shifted up quite a bit, but so too has the year 1938. I think this is interesting because it shows that it (the year) and the three lines of copy on the right, while appearing to be the same blue, were also applied with two different plates. The text on the lower right side is in exactly the same place on both stamps. The date on the left stamp also appears to be slight larger, which supports my 'two blue plates' theory.
If this is true, I wonder why they would use separate plates for a single colour? Curious.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31273 Posts
Posted 01/05/2021   01:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Fabulous James !
May I keep a copy of the scans please?
I may offer my collection for inclusion in the Cinderella Stamp Club of Australsia journal soon, ( I have 5 pages)

I agree with your hypothesis, the red plate was altered, for unknown reasons.

Note: the same vignette can appear for differing departments of France, maybe there are two differing departmental opts.
Usually the department or region is printed at bottom of seal.

Top Stuff !

Edited by rod222 - 01/05/2021 01:51 am
Pillar Of The Community
France
1453 Posts
Posted 01/05/2021   05:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I assume (but I could be wrong) that there are two different stamps : one from booklets of 20 and one from sheets of ?

(not my stamps)
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31273 Posts
Posted 01/05/2021   06:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Delighted to see new material,
Thanks Vayolene, I would tend to agree with you.
Valued Member
Serbia (Srbija)
234 Posts
Posted 01/05/2021   12:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Makanudo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello everyone!

I guess this cinderella belongs in this thread.
It has been made in france as a moral support to the Serbian nation during www1, specifically during 1916., when serbian army, king and part of the nation were in exile in Greece.

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
6525 Posts
Posted 01/05/2021   9:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Absolutely Rod, use the scan however you like.
And yes, Vayolene, thank you! Obvious differences in the two. Seems to indicate the shift to be deliberate, but one still has to wonder why.
Wonderful!
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31273 Posts
Posted 01/06/2021   12:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks James,

Quote:
but one still has to wonder why.

Guess,
they wanted to increase the size of the Lorraine Cross, the icon of the TB fight. To do so needed the "NET" raised higher.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31273 Posts
Posted 01/13/2021   11:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bob,
I submitted your New Zealand cinderella for admittance to the Cinderella Journal today with due recognition to your good self.
Thank you

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31273 Posts
Posted 01/15/2021   04:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Would members please advise on these Acronyms?

ASDA = American Stamp Dealers Association.
APS =American Philatelic Society
IPA
SPA

Important esp circa 1920

Also, if an French address is PARIS lX, what does that represent?
Edited by rod222 - 01/15/2021 04:59 am
Pillar Of The Community
France
1453 Posts
Posted 01/15/2021   05:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Paris IX : IX is the number of the "arrondissement" (district? borough?)
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31273 Posts
Posted 01/15/2021   06:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you vayolene, would that be still current?
or out dated.
Pillar Of The Community
France
1453 Posts
Posted 01/15/2021   08:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It is outdated since the introduction of postcodes.
Now we must write 75009 Paris instead of Paris IX ,75016 Paris instead of Paris XVI... (75 is for any address in Paris)
Page: of 6 Previous TopicReplies: 90 / Views: 18,030Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05