Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

France : The SCF Cinderella Catalogue.

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 142 / Views: 21,517Next Topic
Page: of 10
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1292 Posts
Posted 06/01/2021   5:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampfan9 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all, A good looking pair for the topic:

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Robert
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
1262 Posts
Posted 06/01/2021   5:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Would members please advise on these Acronyms?

ASDA = American Stamp Dealers Association.
APS =American Philatelic Society
IPA
SPA

Some background to the question might be helpful.

IPA is used as an acronym by International Philatelic Agencies. An agency based in Guernsey. It is connected to Van Reijen. However, since the other three are American, I am not sure it is the one you are looking for.

SPA = Society of Philatelic Americans

https://postalmuseum.si.edu/exhibit...7/society-of
Edited by NSK - 06/01/2021 5:39 pm
Valued Member
United States
5 Posts
Posted 07/02/2021   06:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lylaquist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rod222,

I am new to this forum and I apologize if this is not the proper way to respond to your post about your French Tuberculosis Seals from the 1920s and 1930s. *** Edited by Staff - Please Review the rules that you agreed to when you registered. ***

Lauren
Learn More...
United States
10086 Posts
Posted 07/02/2021   08:05 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Please note that buying/selling here is prohibited until members have 50+ posts.
Don
Valued Member
United States
5 Posts
Posted 07/02/2021   09:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lylaquist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello, I have read the rules several times I didn't see anything about buying and selling not being allowed, and I also don't understand why that would be. Rod222 specifically asked for people interested in buying his stamps and I replied. Why would that be prohibited? If anything this would be a benefit both to he and I. The platform as a whole is very confusing. I am trying my best.
Learn More...
United States
10086 Posts
Posted 07/02/2021   09:27 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
http://goscf.com/t/50424
The rule exists for safety reasons. It allows everyone to get familiar with the new folks.
Don
Valued Member
United States
5 Posts
Posted 07/02/2021   09:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lylaquist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This thing is..I am very new to stamp collecting and my collection is very small. I don't even know that I would be able to post fifty times, to be honest. I don't have that much information or knowledge to share at the moment. Mostly just questions and interest. I think it will take a long time before I am able to post fifty times, but I will try my best..
Pillar Of The Community
United States
525 Posts
Posted 07/02/2021   12:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Calstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Welcome to the Forum.

Nearly every Forum member started at the same place: a single posting.

Recommend you monitor the postings of others. And in doing so identify opportunities to increase your count.

Happy collecting!
Learn More...
United States
10086 Posts
Posted 07/02/2021   1:05 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
To be honest, I do not think that Rod222 was selling in the post above ( his post stated "WANTED : TO BUY Any missing FRENCH Tuberculosis Seals from my collection. Or associated Ephemera)", I think he was looking to buy those stamps over a decade ago. I also do not think that Rodney has ever sold any stamps, he is a collector through and through. But he will no doubt log on later today and can set the record straight.
Don
Valued Member
United States
5 Posts
Posted 07/02/2021   3:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lylaquist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Cal and Don, I appreciate your thoughts and advice. I apologize for not being familiar with the structure of the community and it's guidelines. I am grateful for your patience, and I look forward to becoming a more active member and collector!
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
34117 Posts
Posted 07/02/2021   8:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Don ! Spot on.

Hi Lauren,
yes, always looking to BUY the French TB seals for my collection.

Enjoy the forum, it's always tricky learning a new forum, and its rules, but soon overcome, and easily mastered.
Valued Member
United States
5 Posts
Posted 07/05/2021   11:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lylaquist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Don,

Thank you for your response! I have really enjoyed learning and reading so far. Your collection is beautiful! I am getting started on my collection of Cinderellas and look forward to sharing.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1292 Posts
Posted 08/10/2021   06:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampfan9 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all
Palais du Costume of the 1900 Paris Exposition.

Nice tete-beche Red Cross label.

Robert
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
34117 Posts
Posted 08/10/2021   8:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
France
2063 Posts
Posted 08/11/2021   10:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Mario Sciaky, an ardent Europeanist, had three million "We believe in Europe" stamps printed in 1960 intended to be affixed to the backs of envelopes. Jean Cocteau, touched by this initiative, put his art at the service of the campaign the following year, but it was not until 18 years later that the drawings could be printed.

(Warning : this label is not a postage stamp and can only be affixed to the back of envelopes)
Page: of 10 Previous TopicReplies: 142 / Views: 21,517Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05