Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Let's See Your Lindbergh Stamps

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 88 / Views: 22,510Next Topic
Page: of 6
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33054 Posts
Posted 02/28/2010   02:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Lindbergh Staffa

I thought I would link the Staffa stamp, so that you could
see where the painter nicked the image from

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Canada
208 Posts
Posted 02/28/2010   02:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add doodles69ca to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've been collecting Lindbergh items on and off for quite a few years. I have a lot of stamps and souvenir sheets but I find that the covers are more interesting.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
3855 Posts
Posted 02/28/2010   06:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dianne Earl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wonderful covers Doodles.

By what I've seen you must have an exquisite collection.

Dianne
Don't grumble that the roses have thorns, be thankful that the thorns have roses
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5846 Posts
Posted 02/28/2010   08:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cjd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great covers, doodles. I recognize the St. Louis cancel (or something very similar) from Kirk's C11 cover from 1930.

Collin
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2972 Posts
Posted 02/28/2010   10:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamperdude to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Doodles,
Very nice cover. He would have stopped off in my town of Springfield IL on his way between St Louis and Chicago and/or Peoria IL. The air field he would have used was on the west side of Springfield and there is a historical marker were it was.
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9747 Posts
Posted 02/28/2010   11:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Dude, where you been ? At the Big Show in St Louie ???
APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853
Learn More...
United States
4728 Posts
Posted 02/28/2010   11:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kirks to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Lindbergh items; thanks for reviving the thread.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2972 Posts
Posted 02/28/2010   4:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamperdude to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Phil,
Yeah I was at the show in saint louie yesterday. I hardly bought anything and ran out of time to dig into a bunch of covers. I did talk to Eric Jackson about revenue imprints on bank checks for a bit. I did see some Lindy covers, but did not purchase any.
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9747 Posts
Posted 02/28/2010   4:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Dude, my wife was getting stir crazy so we took a ride over the Connecticut border..had to do something so we stopped at an antique shop...i picked up a Lincoln card...stop me if you have it already..First Burial Place of Abraham Lincoln Oak Ridge Cemetary, Springfield Illinois..still having some problems getting covers and postcards down under 90 kb for the SCF but I can e mail you a scan..phil
APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1658 Posts
Posted 03/01/2010   7:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nuggethill to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well I'm very surprised that no one has posted one of these,
So here go's.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2972 Posts
Posted 03/01/2010   10:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamperdude to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Harry,
I have that stamp, but not on cover. I like it.
Learn More...
United States
4728 Posts
Posted 03/02/2010   10:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kirks to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
with Stamperdude -- that's one of my favorite stamps.

Nice Cover.
KirkS
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1658 Posts
Posted 03/02/2010   1:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nuggethill to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Many thanks though I can't remember where it came from maybe one of Phil's covers I've swapped with him,or maybe one out of the 500 covers off eBay that I won,I did hang back with it just to let some one else post one like it but I could only hang on for ten minute's
Pillar Of The Community
7838 Posts
Posted 07/18/2011   08:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nethryk to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is an image of a Lindbergh airmail stamp depicting the Spirit of St. Louis, designed by C. Aubrey Huston and Alvin R. Meissner, engraved by Edward J. Hein (vignette), Joachim C. Benzing (frame), William B. Wells (lettering: "New York" and "Paris"), and Edward M. Hall ((other lettering), and issued by the USA on June 18, 1927, Scott No. C10. This stamp was highly popular with the American public of the day.

- nethryk

Edited by nethryk - 07/18/2011 10:27 am
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
6525 Posts
Posted 07/18/2011   09:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This stamp was highly popular with the American public of the day.

Still is (OK, I'm not America, but my grandad was, does that count?) It's one of my US airmail faves.
Page: of 6 Previous TopicReplies: 88 / Views: 22,510Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05