Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Let's See Your Lindbergh Stamps

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 90 / Views: 22,713Next Topic
Page: of 6
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1227 Posts
Posted 07/18/2011   12:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mhc99 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1227 Posts
Posted 07/18/2011   1:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mhc99 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2471 Posts
Posted 07/18/2011   1:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chasa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This Lindburgh booklet C10A is on eBay right now. It is quite spectacular, being the only C10A I have ever seen precancelled, and from Hawaii. It will sell for a high price.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1513 Posts
Posted 07/18/2011   2:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bfranton to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Slightly different ....

Thought you might like this.
Edited by bfranton - 07/18/2011 2:06 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1227 Posts
Posted 07/18/2011   2:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mhc99 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Rest in Peace
United States
7097 Posts
Posted 07/18/2011   2:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add I_Love_Stamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are a few of my "flyers" for ya'

Pillar Of The Community
7838 Posts
Posted 07/18/2011   2:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nethryk to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is an image of another Lindbergh issue from my collection, a booklet stamp depicting both the pilot and his plane, designed by Göran Österlund, engraved by Martin Mörck, and issued by Sweden on March 29, 1988 in celebration of New Sweden and Swedish-Americans, Scott No. 1675, Facit No. 1493.

- nethryk

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1227 Posts
Posted 07/18/2011   3:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mhc99 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Learn More...
United States
4729 Posts
Posted 07/18/2011   5:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kirks to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
the only C10A I have ever seen precancelled

Is it a precancel or is that repeated strikes with a box cancellation?

I don't know, but someone here (smarter than I) will know.

KirkS
Pillar Of The Community
7838 Posts
Posted 07/30/2011   1:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nethryk to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is an image of a MANPEX '77 stamp club cacheted cover with (primarily) a Lindbergh theme. The postage stamp depicts George Washington at Princeton, along with Nassau Hall, Hessian prisoners and a 13-star flag, designed by Bradbury Thompson after a painting by American artist Charles Wilson Peale (1741-1827), printed by photogravure, and issued by the USA on January 3, 1977, Scott No. 1704.

- nethryk

Pillar Of The Community
United States
3563 Posts
Posted 08/01/2011   09:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jhlovell to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great stuff as always - Rod what a group of Lindberg irems!
Pillar Of The Community
7838 Posts
Posted 09/09/2011   09:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nethryk to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is an image of another Charles Lindbergh stamp, depicting the Spirit of St. Louis, and also L'Oiseau Blanc (The White Bird), the biplane flown by French WW1 ace Charles Eugène Jules Marie Nungesser and fellow pilot François Coli during their unsuccessful (and presumably fatal, as they and their plane mysteriously disappeared enroute) attempt to make the first non-stop transatlantic flight from Paris to New York in May, 1927. This airmail stamp was designed and engraved by Pierre Forget, and issued by France on June 4, 1977, Scott No. C49, Y&T No. PA50.

- nethryk

Edited by nethryk - 09/09/2011 10:01 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33586 Posts
Posted 09/09/2011   12:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting to note the Horseshoe cachet
shown by Doodle may not have been flown by Lindbergh.
Several thousand covers were flown by a "chase plane "
that followed Lindbergh between the two cities.

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
6525 Posts
Posted 09/09/2011   1:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, my mother would have said that the horse shoe was upside down, so his luck ran out.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
6525 Posts
Posted 09/09/2011   4:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've always thought the aeroplane (as they used to call 'em) on this 1928 US stamp looked like the Spirit of St. Louis, but I've never seen it credited as such. Could it have been a subtle homage?

Page: of 6 Previous TopicReplies: 90 / Views: 22,713Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05