Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Lets See Your Aviation Stamps

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 332 / Views: 39,278Next Topic
Page: of 23
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2770 Posts
Posted 10/27/2020   9:19 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Norway

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
387 Posts
Posted 10/27/2020   10:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jleb1979 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You are correct Don, that this "touching the mountain" stamp is a printing shift.

The designers did not leave much room for error in the registration of the ink that is used for both the plane and the text labelling the stamp across the bottom.
The one on the right has a shift downward from the intended position. If it is down enough that the plane's wheel touches the mountain, it becomes PA68b .

And my example of the regular stamp on the left has a slight upward shift. It doesn't matter so much with with the plane moving up a bit, but the text of "France" is now touching the design. It should be just clear of the design, with white showing between "France" and the design.

The "touching the mountain" is a little difficult to find, but used and MNH examples show up occasionally on Delcampe that will cost several times what a regular MNH runs. That's where I got my example which I found fun enough to work into my AlbumEasy airmail album. There appear to be three up on Delcampe now - one is listed very high at about 17x regular, one about 10x the regular, and there is an inexpensive used one.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Edited by jleb1979 - 10/27/2020 10:51 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
United States
15273 Posts
Posted 10/28/2020   3:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KuoLC5310 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mexico
The 50th Anniversary of First Mexican Airmail Route
April 15, 1978
The stamp set commemorates the first Mexico-Tuxpan-Tampico Airmail service in 1928.
Valued Member
38 Posts
Posted 11/04/2020   9:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philatelycanada to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Forgive me if I posted my Cover to the wrong section.
But this is the closest matching topic I was able to find

Page: of 23 Previous TopicReplies: 332 / Views: 39,278Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05