Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Religion Topicals

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18
Pillar Of The Community
USA
3315 Posts
Posted 08/21/2008   10:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add laswabbie to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
In the American Topical Association, the area of Religion has one of the highest memberships. Show us you religion stamps. Here are some of my German: 724 and 811-12

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
3724 Posts
Posted 08/21/2008   10:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dianne Earl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That's a tough one Greg

I'd better start looking

Dianne
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Don't grumble that the roses have thorns, be thankful that the thorns have roses
Pillar Of The Community
USA
3315 Posts
Posted 08/21/2008   10:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add laswabbie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are some others:

Austria 1892

Denmark 830

Spain 1004-7
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9743 Posts
Posted 08/21/2008   10:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Greg heres my contribution

APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853
Valued Member
India
317 Posts
Posted 08/22/2008   12:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add alan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This is an interesting topic. Will dig into my accumulation and will surely find a few.
Pillar Of The Community
USA
3315 Posts
Posted 08/22/2008   12:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add laswabbie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Alan, I would guess you will have a lot of non-Christian related stamps. I'm looking forward to seeing some!
Valued Member
India
317 Posts
Posted 08/22/2008   01:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add alan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
From India - saints relating to Hindu Religion

Stamps issued on 1st Oct 1952.
From left: Kabir - 15th Century
Tulsidas - 16th Century
Mirabai - 16th Century
Surdas 16th Century

25ooth birth anniversary of
Buddha, issued on 24th May 1956

Valued Member
India
317 Posts
Posted 08/22/2008   01:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add alan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, Laswabbie, several religions are practiced in India and stamps have been issued to please everyone. So you'll see quite a few of them in the next few days. There'll be temples, mosques, saints etc. Do religious leaders/gurus qualify?

The Buddha stamp shows a stylised version of the Bodhi tree under which Buddha is supposed to have attained enlightenment.
Pillar Of The Community
USA
3315 Posts
Posted 08/22/2008   01:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add laswabbie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Anything you want to include is fair game Alan.

I'm hoping to see some input from our family members in Israel also.
Pillar Of The Community
USA
3315 Posts
Posted 08/22/2008   02:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add laswabbie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are a few more:

1977 Hungary

Brasil 1875
Pillar Of The Community
USA
3315 Posts
Posted 08/22/2008   02:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add laswabbie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And some more;

Austria 1892

Israel

Edited by laswabbie - 08/22/2008 02:08 am
Pillar Of The Community
USA
3315 Posts
Posted 08/22/2008   02:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add laswabbie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And my last:

El Salvador 1477-8

1995 Faroe Islands
Pillar Of The Community
USA
3315 Posts
Posted 08/22/2008   02:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add laswabbie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
OK, you talked me into it - one last post:

1995 Monoco

1997 Greenland
Pillar Of The Community
United States
914 Posts
Posted 08/22/2008   03:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rlorenz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great topic guys when I get home in the AM I will see what I have to post under this topic
rick l
APS# 214326, I.S.G.C.# 979
Valued Member
India
86 Posts
Posted 08/22/2008   07:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kidromeo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A few from my collection. It will probably run in hundreds if I take in account all the god men and saints. Just some of the stamps which I like the best.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
522 Posts
Posted 08/22/2008   07:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ziggy9 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
here's a few from my extra vaticans

Richard
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 3.78 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05