Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Reliability Of Stamps2go?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Canada
379 Posts
Posted 02/11/2012   05:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add koala to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So far, since my last post under this same topic, I have made 7 purchases at stamp2go. I have no negative comments

I like the "shop for item". For example, if I am looking for the canadian bluenose, I click on the "shop for item" option, you select the country (Canada) you add the catalogue number and you get all the seller who have the bluenose for sale
You get the price asked from each one, a short description of the condition of the item (VF, Fine, Damaged....)

There are more pictures than before and if there is no picture for a specific seller, you click on the seller's name, a new page open where you can email to the seller and ask "whatever you want" like sending a picture or even to lower is price... and the answer is sent to your personal email address... and it works!... so far for me

Also, on this second page, you have the seller ID next to which you have "INFO" . Click on it and you get sensitive information. I suggest to make a turn and see by yourself.

If you like a specific seller, again you have the option "items by seller", you choose the country you are looking for and there you have all what this specific seller has to sale

I never had any problem so far, the prices are good and of course, you have to be careful who you are dealing with. I suggest to buy for a small amount of money first so as to see the quality of the items... normal steps
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
537 Posts
Posted 02/12/2012   09:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add centerstage98 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am not a seller, just a buyer, but I can understand both sides. As a buyer, I certainly like to see what is for sale. And a few sellers have - shall we say stretched - when it came to gradations (I have seen some listed as VF and no way were they VF) and CV (using CV for MNH when they are selling MH) ... BUT, I can also see how it is likely a lot of time and effort to post images for a bunch of stamps that they are trying to sell for pennies. Just not worth it to them. So, as a buyer, I am willing to look at non-imaged items; maybe I will buy a relatively small lot and if they look good when I get them, well, then they have a repeat customer.
Valued Member
13 Posts
Posted 03/27/2019   3:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I would like to use Stamps2Go for listing items that didn't sell on eBay.
So I went through the registration process and listed one item as a test (a set of Brazil postage dues).
I wanted to determine how much work is required to list there.
If I do a general search as if I were looking to buy, I can't find my item.
It took me a lot of work to determine if it was even there.
If I can't see the lot with a basic, simple search then I don't know that anyone else can.

I'm about ready to call the test a failure and Stamps2Go as being of no use to me.
This is my last cry for help.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3695 Posts
Posted 03/27/2019   5:30 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And That Is The Issue With Them All!

Quote:
If I do a general search as if I were looking to buy, I can't find my item.
It took me a lot of work to determine if it was even there.
If I can't see the lot with a basic, simple search then I don't know that anyone else can.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1882 Posts
Posted 02/21/2020   11:55 am  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have a mild rant about Stamps2Go; ten days ago I bought items from eight different vendors. Only one received by now. My experience is that many sellers are slowpokes in fulfilling orders. They usually send immediate confirmation and then you wait and wait. It seems almost as if some sellers on there don't consider it as a business; its like swapping or something.
Edited by Stamps1962 - 02/21/2020 11:56 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1882 Posts
Posted 02/26/2020   11:27 am  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Five days later, orders to two vendors still have not arrived. Over two weeks total now. Contacting those today.

The site is just too troublesome to navigate and to locate what you need on it. Lackadaisical sellers add to the charm.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05