Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Zeps-king Of The Skies

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6
Valued Member
United States
164 Posts
Posted 02/23/2012   11:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Footballphilately to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Any zeppelin stamps are welcome here. I'll start us off with the Graf Zeppelin stamps, I am not fortunate enough to own these...yet.

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
Greece
194 Posts
Posted 02/23/2012   11:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vasia to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Soviet Union 1934 (Scott C53-7):

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
164 Posts
Posted 02/23/2012   12:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Footballphilately to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice very Nice!
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2085 Posts
Posted 02/23/2012   4:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4106 Posts
Posted 02/23/2012   6:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampvirgin to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
hmm..seems to my I have a set of zepps around here somewhere.
Valued Member
United States
164 Posts
Posted 02/23/2012   6:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Footballphilately to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful keep em coming.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
6369 Posts
Posted 02/23/2012   6:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well since no one else has yet, I'll post my baby zep (again).

I never tire of showing him off.

Hey, you know I just noticed looking at the scans of these US zeps. Even though they are all listed as Airmails in the catalogues (C13-15, C18), none of them actually say 'Airmail' on them. Is is to be assumed that, because there's an airship pictured on the stamp, it is automatically an airmail?
Edited by jamesw - 02/23/2012 6:23 pm
Rest in Peace
Learn More...
United States
1806 Posts
Posted 02/23/2012   7:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 1775mac to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice one James, here is the upgraded one.

Valued Member
United States
164 Posts
Posted 02/23/2012   8:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Footballphilately to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1175mac just showed us what stamps of the 22nd century will look like.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
6369 Posts
Posted 02/23/2012   10:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

1775mac, that is awesome!
Of course, it means another version of the stamp I'll have to get.
Pillar Of The Community
7752 Posts
Posted 06/15/2012   08:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nethryk to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Two Zepps for the price of one: Here is an image of an airmail stamp featuring a portrait of Ferdinand Adolf Heinrich August Graf von Zeppelin (1838-1917), a German general and later aircraft manufacturer, and founder of the Zeppelin Airship company, and a depiction of the airship LZ 127 Graf Zeppelin, designed and engraved by Michel Monvoisin, and issued by Mali on May 30, 1977 as the high value in a set of four stamps tracing the history of Zeppelins, Scott No. C308.

- nethryk

Edited by nethryk - 07/08/2013 09:20 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5639 Posts
Posted 06/15/2012   08:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That's the first I've seen of that on Mac, that is awesome !!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4106 Posts
Posted 06/15/2012   08:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampvirgin to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are mine

Valued Member
United States
254 Posts
Posted 06/16/2012   1:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add peterc4 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pre-Zeppelins? Or do these count?

Pillar Of The Community
7752 Posts
Posted 06/18/2012   07:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nethryk to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
peterc4 - Since the author of this thread seems to have punted on posting here, I say why shouldn't we expand this thread to include all dirigibles and blimps?

Here is an image of a stamp featuring a portrait of Norwegian polar explorer Roald Engelbregt Gravning Amundsen (1872-1928) and a depiction of the Norge, a semi-rigid Italian-built airship that carried out what many consider the first verified overflight of the North Pole on May 12, 1926. This stamp was designed by Russian artist Nikolai Shevtsov (1925-2000), printed by photogravure, and issued by Russia (USSR) on July 13, 1972 to commemorate Amundsen's birth centenary, Scott No. 3991, Zagorski No. 4076. Also, here is a photo of the Norge.

- nethryk

Edited by nethryk - 06/22/2013 07:14 am
Valued Member
United States
254 Posts
Posted 06/18/2012   2:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add peterc4 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds good to me. If I am off topic, let me know.

I borrowed a nice shot of the Dumont airship. Almost looks like the shot used for the 200r stamp.

The airship "Pax" by M. Augusto Severo depicted on the 300r stamp crashed on trials in Paris killing Severo and his mechanic.

http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archiv...405B828CF1D3

Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1.73 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05