Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Beach Stamps

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 194 / Views: 38,178Next Topic
Page: of 13
Pillar Of The Community
7838 Posts
Posted 08/13/2012   07:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nethryk to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Eilat (Elat) is Israel's southernmost city and one of the country's major tourist attractions. Here is an image of a stamp (with tab) depicting Eilat's beach on the Red Sea at the northern tip of the Gulf of Aqaba, printed by photogravure, and issued by Israel on November 5, 1974, Scott No. 470A.

- nethryk

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by nethryk - 08/13/2012 08:24 am
Valued Member
Bahamas
404 Posts
Posted 08/13/2012   09:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tefloncinco to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
To Nethryk I have to ask you where do you get you define stamp info ?You are like a stamp historian ,I would like to be able to to design my stamp threads that of yours I follow all of your threads ,I have beach stamps and before I post them I will like to submit info so give me some time to compose myself.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33078 Posts
Posted 08/13/2012   11:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

What a lovely sunny thread...Thanks Timbres!

Greeting from Australia,
Summer is knocking in Australia..soon time for a dip

Who prints these things?

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1652 Posts
Posted 08/13/2012   11:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 22crows to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Those things are tabs from AP's Nature and Nation. Greeting stamps issued 11 May 2000 - Sand, sea and sky SG1975
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33078 Posts
Posted 08/13/2012   11:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You are a genius, 22c
I must say I am rather pleased to ID those.

Edited by rod222 - 08/13/2012 12:06 pm
Valued Member
Bahamas
404 Posts
Posted 08/13/2012   11:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tefloncinco to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
wiil send more
Edited by Tefloncinco - 08/13/2012 11:37 pm
Valued Member
Bahamas
404 Posts
Posted 08/13/2012   11:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tefloncinco to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hope I didn't miss the beach activities.

Queen Elizabeth II

Cayman Island

Dominica
Pillar Of The Community
Chile
1137 Posts
Posted 08/14/2012   12:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jorgesurcl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi

Cinderella from the late 1950's : Tourism promotion !

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33078 Posts
Posted 08/14/2012   12:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The modern bikini dates from 1946 Jorge,
that's an early cindy showing that fashion.
Valued Member
Bahamas
404 Posts
Posted 08/14/2012   12:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tefloncinco to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice stampy you have displayed ,it show supreme splender , Pagentry and tranquility. You have gotten the audience that you have dreamed about ,a golden perfomance.
a golden finish.
Hopefully people going to the beach.
Edited by Tefloncinco - 08/14/2012 12:48 am
Pillar Of The Community
7838 Posts
Posted 08/14/2012   07:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nethryk to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Tefloncinco - I am glad that you follow my posts; I strive to make them both informative and entertaining. In answer to the question you posted above, in researching my stamps I rely on three main sources: 1.) Stamp catalogues and other reference books and articles in my own philatelic library, 2.) Philatelic websites and articles (most often in Wikipedia) that I find on the internet, and 3.) Private correspondence with well-informed stamp collectors. - nethryk
Valued Member
Bahamas
404 Posts
Posted 08/14/2012   10:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tefloncinco to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
To Nethryk you are very inspirational, informative and collective you shine light on all topics Thank you for the info, I only have at this time a 2004 scott's catolog A-B so please forgive me, a little vision one eye for perfs.

Pictorial Postcards ''British Beach Lovers" 1894-1994.

Edited by Tefloncinco - 08/14/2012 10:44 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7657 Posts
Posted 08/14/2012   11:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In 1949 the Netherlands issued a 2c + 2c Welfare stamp with a beach scene. It not only shows a beach umbrella, but suggests what to do with it! There are people under it, unlike the US issue!
I wish I knew how to use this computer better and make a scan of the stamp so I can show it!
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33078 Posts
Posted 08/20/2012   03:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

"At the seaside" by womacka

The tension in the painting comes from the couple's hands,
will she touch his hand? will he touch hers,
will romance begin to bloom?

Valued Member
60 Posts
Posted 08/20/2012   12:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add yarina to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wish the Bahamas would print some modern beach stamps. My kids really enjoyed going to the beach while I taught 10-12 math and science there.
Page: of 13 Previous TopicReplies: 194 / Views: 38,178Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05