Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Snowmen On Stamps

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 91 / Views: 14,290Next Topic
Page: of 7
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
990 Posts
Posted 09/03/2019   09:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Outremer01 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Republic of Lebanon
16th December 2013
Christmas

designed - Myrna Haddad Kalfayan
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4388 Posts
Posted 09/17/2019   5:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A snowman appears on this 1989 Swedish EUROPA stamp (Facit #1557). Stamp was issued in booklet format, se-tenant with another 3.30 kr. stamp of different design. Engraving is by C. Slania.

Bedrock Of The Community
United States
14399 Posts
Posted 09/28/2019   09:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KuoLC5310 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Switzerland
Pro Juventute
November 23, 1999
Set of four, one stamp depicts an illustration of children and a snowman.

Bedrock Of The Community
United States
14399 Posts
Posted 12/10/2019   3:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KuoLC5310 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Moldova
New Year 2020
December 10, 2019
A set of two, one stamp depicts a snowman.

Valued Member
403 Posts
Posted 12/11/2019   07:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add idebee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have always the impression that I have at least some snowman stamps, but when I go through my albums I find none, ! At last I find out that this one is probably the only snowman on Chinese stamps and it's just recently released. I was wrong all the time, where did I get that illusion?

Pillar Of The Community
France
1203 Posts
Posted 12/11/2019   07:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
China again,but a stationery card,not a stamp
Bedrock Of The Community
United States
14399 Posts
Posted 12/21/2019   12:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KuoLC5310 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Japan
Winter Greetings
December 2, 2016
Set of 11, one stamp depicts a snowman by a mailbox.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4388 Posts
Posted 01/01/2020   4:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This November 23, 1990 Norwegian Christmas stamp (Facit #1101) from a booklet of 2 designs (1 pane of 10) features a snowman.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
2832 Posts
Posted 01/12/2020   9:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is complete copy of the machine cancel on page 3:

Edited by John Becker - 01/12/2020 9:05 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4388 Posts
Posted 03/16/2020   11:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This 2004 semi-postal Christmas stamp of Luxembourg shows a snowman joining carolers in singing Silent Night.

The carolers, snowman and dog are embossed.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4388 Posts
Posted 07/12/2020   5:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
On February 1, 1979 Canada issued this stamp (Sc #780) to publicize the annual Quebec Carnival, held in Quebec City. This event is known as "Carnaval" by both English and French speakers. It is held in February and features ice sculptures and a variety of indoor and outdoor activities.

The mascot of Carnaval is Bonhomme Carnaval, a snowman "thing" who leads daytime and nighttime parades. He is shown in the closeup pic.

I don't know whether or not Bonhomme Carnaval is a relative of Youppi.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4388 Posts
Posted 08/02/2020   5:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
On November 27, 2001 the Netherlands issued a December "discount" sheet of 20 different .27 euro/.60 guilder, self-adhesive stamps showing seasonal, collage designs. Two of the these stamps depict snowmen. The one shown here (Sc #1085 M, position 12) depicts a snowman exiting a coffee shop. The other "snowman" stamp from the sheet (Sc #1085 Q, position 14) is shown on page 3 of this thread.

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
4990 Posts
Posted 08/02/2020   7:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lithograving to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That last stamp from the Netherlands is one of the worst designed
stamps I've seen in a long time.
OK it's supposed to be a collage but of what?
Even the printing looks awful and hurts my eyes. LOL
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4388 Posts
Posted 08/02/2020   8:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Modern art often does not show (good) craftsmanship. I would say that the Netherlands 2001 December sheet is imaginative...but the color choices and craftsmanship leave a little something to be desired. However, sometimes modern artists strive to achieve an "edgy" look.

I don't think any country is immune from the occasional "clunker", as far as stamp design is concerned.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
4990 Posts
Posted 08/02/2020   9:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lithograving to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bob, I suppose the green snowman is part of the edgy look.

Page: of 7 Previous TopicReplies: 91 / Views: 14,290Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05