Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

General Postcard Info ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 3,169Next Topic  
Valued Member

United Kingdom
17 Posts
Posted 05/08/2012   11:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Bionicbelly to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi all

is there an on line source of info regarding postcards please

At auction I won a fairly extensive stamp collection. It has come with a box of postcards - many 1940-195o's at a guess and some more recent stndard "views"

As I am not a card collector, and will be looking to sell these on, I would like to establish a fair price to ask

Any ideas please ?

Bionicbelly
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2945 Posts
Posted 05/08/2012   12:58 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Putting them up for auction as a lot it always an option. Perhaps a dealer will buy them from you. If you're not looking for top dollar, just a way to get them off your hands, that may work.

Other thoughts, folks?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
United States
12128 Posts
Posted 05/08/2012   1:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wt1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You might find some helpful information at this link:

http://postcardcollector.org/forum/index.php
Valued Member
United Kingdom
17 Posts
Posted 05/08/2012   1:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bionicbelly to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cheers guys that looks just wjat I want, I will take a closer look later

I woudl tend to agree that auction ( eBay / delcampe or similar ) woudl eb the chosen route, but I have putting material on line at ridiculous prices. It annopys me whan people do it with stamps - e.g a very Common KGVI 1d definitive on line a while ago , apparently very very rare and offered at a bargain price of 17.50 !

( I have a box full and would pay him 17,50 to take them away LOL )

So I dont want to spend 's listing photos on eBay of they are only worth 99p, and likewise want to do the decription justice of they are worth millions, ( wishful )

Anyway, once again thanks guys

Bionic

Valued Member
United Kingdom
17 Posts
Posted 05/08/2012   1:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bionicbelly to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry Guys, did not proof read and spellcheck before sending

I take it there is means of editing ? ( not that I have found yet anyway )

Embarrassed Bionic
Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 05/23/2012   7:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello bionic! There is an editing (paper and pencil) icon above your post (for you only to see). Click that and you are taken to the editing window. Also you can edit your title by clicking on that icon above your first post in a thread you started.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
17 Posts
Posted 05/24/2012   12:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bionicbelly to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cheers Puzzler

Always amazes me why we do not have a standard format on forums. On those I am a member of, one has no spell check at all, another you can only edit for 15 minutes and others you can edit for 24 hours ....

Anyway, now eye am in teh no, I as no exkuse for mistooks has eye ?
Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 05/24/2012   01:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Noper, my son. The world's a wide and open ocean to rows yer boat in, it is.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
17 Posts
Posted 05/24/2012   01:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bionicbelly to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ah, an Ocean -- yep, that's what I need to soak my stamps off !!
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 3,169Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05