Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

How Many Different Varieties Are There....

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 1,968Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1927 Posts
Posted 10/07/2008   10:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
of this stamp? Once again I nearly chucked two of these in the swaps pile. See the slight difference down the bottom in the borders.

What does the P9999 mean?
Is it just a colour indicator.

Steve
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
USA
1881 Posts
Posted 10/07/2008   10:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nr-notrare to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Steve......

There are 6 versions of that stamp. The one with the numbers is a Plate Number Coil (PNC) It indicates the plates and colors used. Depending on condition, PNC's are the more valuable coils.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
3858 Posts
Posted 10/07/2008   10:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dianne Earl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Steve and Tom

I'll have to go and look at that one.

Dianne
Don't grumble that the roses have thorns, be thankful that the thorns have roses
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1566 Posts
Posted 10/07/2008   10:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mkfarm to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is all the info you need for this one. I count a little more than six but then again I did a fast count.

http://www.apnss.org/SeaCoast.htm
Pillar Of The Community
USA
1749 Posts
Posted 10/07/2008   2:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gussyboy1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Hebert's Catalog of plate number singles lists the "Sea Coast" coil (water activated gum) and with plate# B111 (Scott catalog # 3775 which has the 2003 date in blue and vert perf 9 3/4 ) valued as 50 cents used and $1.00 as mint! The Sea Coast stamp coil (Scott catalog # 3785 with full perf ,self adhesive) Plate# P1111 as 75 cents used and $1.00 mint, and SC#3785a 9 1/4X10 with P2222 as the same value. Not bad for a 5 cent stamp!

Maybe you'd like to collect PNC's , Triggersmob! I love the PNC's ,and it narrows it down from the whole world collecting which is better for the space I have to store my collections.
Nobody gets in to see the Wizard. Not nobody. Not No How!"
Pillar Of The Community
USA
1749 Posts
Posted 10/07/2008   4:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gussyboy1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Here are the different varieties from the back of Linn's Stamp News 9/29/08 that was a Mystic advertisement for the American Series.

Gussyboy1
Nobody gets in to see the Wizard. Not nobody. Not No How!"
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1927 Posts
Posted 10/07/2008   7:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Triggersmob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Gussy, I don't think I will actively pursue PNC's. I collect WW and have no theme type collections.
Thanks for the info guys, ecspecially that link mkfarm. Lots of good info there.

Steve
United States
3 Posts
Posted 03/29/2018   8:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add figjam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have a #3874 Seacoast 2003 coil with a bright yellow triangular light (1x.5mm) in the rightmost treetop. Anybody seen or heard of such a thing? Thanks......Figjam
Valued Member
United States
412 Posts
Posted 03/30/2018   12:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Walkman82 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 1,968Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05