Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Rarity On Stocks And Bonds

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 6,904Next Topic  
Valued Member

5 Posts
Posted 08/10/2012   07:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add FrankyL to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm preparing a post about the concept of rarity and I have some questions :
- Is rarity important to you as a collector of old stocks and bonds, and why or why not ?
- When is a certificate rare to you ?

Regards,
Franky
Send note to Staff

Rest in Peace
Australia
631 Posts
Posted 08/10/2012   07:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add huckles888 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
to me its not really the rarity but the design engraving etc
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
4593 Posts
Posted 08/10/2012   12:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bujutsu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with huckles888

This is one of my main reasons I like the earlier Canadian issues plus the revenues because of the engravings and the engine turns in the designs. Other countries also have great earlier issues; however, one of the more modern stamps that are engraved are those particularly from Sweden and other Scandinavian countries, France still issues some nice engraved stamps too.

I guess if you still look hard enough, there are still some good modern engraved stamps out there.

Chimo

Bujutsu
Valued Member
43 Posts
Posted 08/10/2012   9:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add axc77 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rarity is not that important to me. The only way it affects me is that its going to be out of my price range.

I buy stocks and bonds based on design and eye appeal. Sometimes the country they're issued from plays a factor as well.
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 6,904Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05