Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Stamps From Manama

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 39 / Views: 26,356Next Topic
Page: of 3
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31868 Posts
Posted 08/13/2017   4:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Not mine: Owner unknown.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7378 Posts
Posted 08/13/2017   4:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What a clutter of dune states! And that map Rod, where did it come from? Looks like a Dutch map to me?

Peter
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31868 Posts
Posted 08/13/2017   5:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
And that map Rod, where did it come from? Looks like a Dutch map to me?

Peter.
Not sure, I believe I lifted it from a 1970's "Australian Stamp Monthly",
it was back of magazine, in a section called something like
"What / where are the Trucial States?" or something similar.
Directed towards new stamp collectors / kids.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
7378 Posts
Posted 08/13/2017   5:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Rod. I was wondering because no one except the Dutch spell Persia with a Z and golf is Dutch for gulf

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
765 Posts
Posted 08/13/2017   5:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ringo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Rod. I don't need cat numbers, as I go by a custom Trucial States catalogue which meets my needs. Our main British catalogue, Stanley Gibbons, doesn't assign numbers to them, as it considers them not legit enough. They are mostly just listed without illustration.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31868 Posts
Posted 08/13/2017   7:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
because no one except the Dutch spell Persia with a Z and golf is Dutch for gulf

Then that's probably correct Peter,
Australian Stamp Monthly had journalists input from all over the Globe.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5142 Posts
Posted 08/13/2017   7:47 pm  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I had no idea The Muppet Show issued stamps...
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31868 Posts
Posted 05/20/2018   04:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Ajman / Manama
Champions of Liberty
Michel (Gulf States) # 201 through 203
Souvenir Sheets Perf printed

Pillar Of The Community
United States
832 Posts
Posted 05/30/2019   07:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gettinold to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting thread. Probably the only entity to put a Pink Elephant (Mastodon) on their stamps.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31868 Posts
Posted 05/30/2019   7:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ajman / Manama.
1971 Michel #683
Prehistoric animals. (All are shown pink) Vrious colours
Set of 6, + 2 airmail+2 miniature sheets
Edited by rod222 - 05/31/2019 01:51 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31868 Posts
Posted 05/30/2019   8:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ajman / Manama
Mi 1995>
Definitives.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31868 Posts
Posted 05/30/2019   8:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ajman / Manama
Mi# 698 . 717
Paintings by Toshusai Shareko
Pillar Of The Community
United States
832 Posts
Posted 05/30/2019   9:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gettinold to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod

Is this blue dino part of the pink set you referenced?

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1890 Posts
Posted 05/30/2019   10:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Gettinold yes, all the stamps in that set have an odd, ethereal look to them. I actually have this set in a collection of Dinosaur stamps I had started when I was 16 or 17.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31868 Posts
Posted 05/31/2019   01:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is this blue dino part of the pink set you referenced?

Tom,
I stand corrected, I saw a pinkinsh Uintatherium (15 dirhams) and made an incorrect assumption.
I don't own the set.

Thanks for the correction.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 39 / Views: 26,356Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05