Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Stamps From Manama

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 39 / Views: 26,406Next Topic
Page: of 3
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31917 Posts
Posted 05/31/2019   01:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ajman / Manama.
Michel #456 >464
Animal Paintings by Ando Hiroshge and Hokusai.
PhilaTokyo '71
Japanese Painters and Wood engravers.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by rod222 - 05/31/2019 01:48 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
833 Posts
Posted 05/31/2019   04:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gettinold to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
rod

Wasn't sure if I had a stamp from two different sets. My collection of Worldwide is like a library that has been hit by a tornado. Stuff all over the place. Maybe someday it will qualify as a collection. Right now, not so much... Thanks again for your help.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31917 Posts
Posted 06/20/2020   04:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Manama
Region in the foothills of the Oman Mountains between Sharjah and Fujeira
Postal service established 5th July 1966
Napoleon Bonaparte 1972
(Second last emission from Manama)

Edited by rod222 - 06/20/2020 04:15 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31917 Posts
Posted 02/25/2021   5:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ajman / Manama
Michel #432

Pillar Of The Community
Israel
508 Posts
Posted 02/26/2021   11:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LaoPhil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Several art sets from Manama, all about Greek and Roman mythology. First time I am posting stamps from Manama:

Valued Member
United States
344 Posts
Posted 04/11/2021   1:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Linus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I will move this post.
Edited by Linus - 04/11/2021 7:56 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31917 Posts
Posted 04/11/2021   7:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Manama by the sea, is the capital of Bahrain,
Not to be confused with Ajman Manama (a dependency) an exclave.

wiki
Manama is a township in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), one of two exclaves of the emirate of Ajman (the other is Masfout). Its land area is mainly given over to agricultural usage. It is known to stamp collectors as a number of editions of colourful stamps were issued from there in the late 1960s.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31917 Posts
Posted 04/11/2021   8:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I hope you did not take that as criticism Linus,
just a "Heads Up"
I fell for that too, in my early collection of Manama,
and Nigel corrected us with the confusion.

New collectors of Manama need to be aware of the distinction.

Valued Member
United States
344 Posts
Posted 04/11/2021   8:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Linus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No problem, Rod, it is a big world out there, and I am learning new things about it everyday. Thanks for the heads up.

Linus
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 39 / Views: 26,406Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05