Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Stamps From Croatian Post Ltd.mostar- Bosnia And Herzegovina

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 12,880Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

Bosnia And Herzegovina
13 Posts
Posted 08/30/2012   01:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Danijela to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I would like to share with you information about stamps of Croatian post Ltd. Mostar. For those who don't know, Croatian post Mostar is one of three postal operators in Bosnia and Herzegovina. First stamp was issued in 1993.
I hope you'll like it

Europa 2012: Visit Mostar and Gastronomy:

Send note to Staff
Edited by Danijela - 02/15/2013 08:08 am

Rest in Peace
Canada
5701 Posts
Posted 08/30/2012   09:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BeeSee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for showing those Danijela. Can you tell us something about the Croation Post in Bosnia? What part of the country is it located in? Is it just located in Mostar or is it operated in other parts of Bosnia?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
BeeSee in BC
"The Postmark is Mightier than the Stamp"
http://brcstamps.com ---- BNAPS, RPSC, APS
Edited by BeeSee - 08/30/2012 10:05 am
Rest in Peace
Canada
5701 Posts
Posted 08/30/2012   10:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BeeSee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
According to this Wikipedia map, there are two governments in Bosnia Herzegovina, Republika Serpska and The Federal Government. How does Croatia fit in?

BeeSee in BC
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
2574 Posts
Posted 08/30/2012   4:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add timbres667 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It's unusual. The Croatian Post Mostar is an independant postal operator within Bosnia Herzegovina deserving part of Mostar and around. The areas were there is a majority of Croatians living. That's how I understand it. I collect their Europa stamps issues.

http://www.post.ba/about_us.php
Edited by timbres667 - 08/30/2012 4:46 pm
Valued Member
Bosnia And Herzegovina
13 Posts
Posted 08/31/2012   03:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Danijela to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
BeeSee- I'll try to explain situation in Bosnia and Herzegovina, but I warning you it's complicated even to us-people who live there.

BiH is formed from two autonomous entities- Federation of BiH(51% of territory) and Republika Srpska-49% of territory (different from Serbia)
Croatian post works on area of Federation where Croats are majority, just like timbres667 said.

Area of operations: 10.908 square kilometers
Number of post offices: 125
Number of employees: 728
Number of delivery areas: 277

Edited by Danijela - 08/31/2012 03:34 am
Valued Member
Bosnia And Herzegovina
13 Posts
Posted 08/31/2012   03:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Danijela to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
New stamp will be released in September, and also new web page. Current web page is old, and boring...
Couple days ago I have a chance to see a new web page that is under construction, it will be finished soon, and it will be much better.
Rest in Peace
Canada
5701 Posts
Posted 08/31/2012   11:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BeeSee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much Danijela and Timbres. I have a grasp of it - now my goal will be to obtain some used stamps and covers that pass through the mail (not FDC).
BeeSee in BC
Valued Member
Bosnia And Herzegovina
13 Posts
Posted 09/11/2012   01:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Danijela to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
NEWS from HP Mostar:

What do you think? all comments and suggestions are welcome

100th Anniversary of fra Nikola Simovic's death

Type: Commemorative

Motif: Friar Nikola Simovic

Author: Marin Musa

Size: 48.28 x 35.50 mm

Printed by: Zrinski d.d. Čakovec

Paper: White, 102 g, adhesive

Value: 1.00 BAM

Date of issue: 2012-09-10.

Sheet: 9 (8 stamps +1 vignette)

Friar Nikola Šimović, given name Marko, was born on April 25 1839 in Zvirovici (then Gradnići parish and today Studenci). In 1853 he comes at Seminary in Široki Brijeg, and in 1855. he enters into Novitiate which he finished in 1856 and laid solemn vows. He goes to Perugia where he starts to study philosophy and continues his study of theology at Citta di Castello. He writes his Doctorate thesis from theology in 1860 and dedicated it to the Eminence Mr. Rafa Barišić. He was ordained for priest on November 3, 1860 in Perugia and stays as a professor of theology till 1865. In 1865, because of illness, he comes back to his homeland to Široki Brijeg and was appointed for Bishop's secretary. After that he was appointed as a constructor of the church and monastery in Humac in 1867 and the next year he was elected for pastor and definitor. After he completed the construction of the monastery in Humac, he becomes the pastor in Mostar from 1876.-1889, and at the same time he is the Vicar General of the bishop Buconjić.
In 1889 he was elected, by his brothers, for the last custodian of the Herzegovinian Franciscan Custody which was raised in 1892 to the honor of the Province and he became its first provincial. From the 1889 until the opening, he was the constructor of the St. Peter and Paul monastery in Mostar. After that he was the pastor in Medjugorje from 1895-1899 where he constructed the church. Till 1912 he was the Vicar General of the Diocese and from 1901 he was Deputy of the Provincial. His life opus is extremely rich and diverse. He is a writer, professor, constructor and longtime associate of the Christian family. He has won several national awards. He is also director of the Franciscan seminary in Mostar. He died on September 10, 1912 in Mostar, in 74th age and 57 years of monasticism. He was buried in the cemetery Šoinovac in Mostar. (Friar Ante Marić)

Croatian post Ltd. Mostar has issued commemorative postage stamp in sheet of 9 stamps (8 stamps +1 vignette), postmark and the first day cover (FDC).

Valued Member
Bosnia And Herzegovina
13 Posts
Posted 11/19/2012   06:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Danijela to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
COMMEMORATIVE POSTAGE STAMP
Flora 2012 - Cherry

Motif: Cherry (Prunus avium)
Author: Božena Dzidic

Cherry (Prunus avium) is known since the Bronze Age, and today is spread around the world in many varieties and variations. It blooms in early spring, at the same time as the new leaves. The fruits are developed from the white group of flowers that have long stems. It's sweet with pleasant aroma with a distinctive hard-shelled stone in the middle.
A number of medical properties were attributed to the cherry fruits, which until recently was considered a folk medicine. However, recent studies gave a scientific basis and confirmed curative properties of the cherry. They are a good source of vitamins, and the presence of antioxidants and other useful ingredients makes them extremely healthy fruit. They help in cancer prevention, in hearth disease prevention; they relive pain caused by arthritis and gout, headache, alleviating symptoms associated with the diffuse disorder. Cherries help that our body produces melatonin in a safe and healthy way, and enhance the physiological and mental functions. Fresh cherries are good for reduction of physical and mental exhaustion and sour cherries improve mood.

Croatian post Ltd. Mostar has issued two commemorative postage stamps in sheet of 10 (8 stamps + 2 vignette), postmark and the first day cover.

Size: 35,50 x 29,82 mm
Paper: white, 102 g, adhesive
Comb perforation: 14
Print: Zrinski d.d. Čakovec
Value: 0,50 BAM
Date of issue: 01. 11. 2012
Sheet: 10 (8 stamps + 2 vignette)

Edited by Danijela - 11/19/2012 06:40 am
Valued Member
Bosnia And Herzegovina
13 Posts
Posted 11/19/2012   06:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Danijela to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
COMMEMORATIVE POSTAGE STAMP
Fauna 2012 - Snakes of Bosnia and Herzegovina

Motif: Grass snake (Natrix natrix), Aesculapian snake (Zamenis longissimus), Horned viper (Vipera ammodytes), Common viper (Vipera berus),
Author: Vijeko Lucic

Bosnia and Herzegovina is rich with snakes. Although unpopular, snakes are very useful animals and by killing them an important link in ecological chain is stopped.
The Grass snake (Natrix natrix) is non-venomous snake of the Colubridea family. It appears in more colors and shades. The only sure signs of recognition are bimonthly spots on the back of the head on both sides, which are white in females and yellow in males.
The Aesculapian snake (Zamenis longissimus) has a long slender body and narrow head. The dorsal is monochrome gray to dark gray, gray – greenish or brownish. The underside of the body is whitish. It has a mild nature, is non-venomous but often bites if they feel threatened.
Horned Viper (Vipera ammodytes) is the most venomous and the most dangerous European snake of the Viperidea family. The body of the Viper is color changeable, dorsal side is gray, yellow or brown with dark zigzag stripes, while the ventral side is whitish with black spots. With a fractured stripe on the back, it is recognized by the triangular flat head, vertical pupil and hors on top of its nose. In mouth has two poisonous teeth associated with the venom glands. The tongue is long and forked.
Common viper (Vipera berus) is a venomous snake of the Viperdea family and is widespread in Europe. It has a large head, narrow neck and thick body which is smaller and sleeker than horned viper, with bias dotted stripe that serves to conceal. The tongue is long and forked, the poisonous teeth lies folded in the jaw and knocked loose forward when it attacks.

Croatian post Ltd. Mostar has issued four commemorative postage stamps in sheet of 8 stamps, postmark and the first day cover.

Size: 35,50 x 25,56 mm
Paper: white, 102 g, adhesive
Comb perforation: 14
Print: Zrinski d.d. Čakovec
Value: 2,00 BAM
Date of issue: 01. 11. 2012
Sheet: 8 stamps

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33633 Posts
Posted 11/19/2012   07:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I was out on my usual 35Km bike ride this morning,
when 4 Km out of town, met with a 5-6 foot dugite snake
sunning itself on the road.

It moved with amazing speed, before I could get my camera out.

Dugite : Western Australia
Its venom is potentially one of the most lethal in the world, causing coagulopathic and procoagulant effects. Dugites generally avoid biting humans, but risks of encounters rise when they are most active during the mating season through October and November.

Valued Member
Bosnia And Herzegovina
13 Posts
Posted 11/19/2012   07:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Danijela to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
personally- I hate snakes,
if happen to me to see dugite- I would die of fear before it even have a chance to bite me

I think that kind of snake is most similar to our poskok- Horned viper (Vipera ammodytes)
Valued Member
Bosnia And Herzegovina
13 Posts
Posted 02/15/2013   08:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Danijela to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Something new from Croatian post Mostar.

Chinese New Year - Year of the Snake

hope you like it!

you can see other news on www.facebook.com/HrvatskapostaMostar
Edited by Danijela - 02/19/2013 01:40 am
Rest in Peace
Canada
5701 Posts
Posted 02/15/2013   4:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BeeSee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think you need to fix the images, Danijela.
BeeSee in BC
Valued Member
Bosnia And Herzegovina
13 Posts
Posted 02/19/2013   01:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Danijela to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks Bee See

Valued Member
Bosnia And Herzegovina
13 Posts
Posted 02/19/2013   01:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Danijela to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 12,880Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.29 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05