Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

How Many Binders Does Your Collection Span?  

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1965 Posts
Posted 08/09/2018   07:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Timm, so you collect binders and stamps!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Al
Valued Member
United States
421 Posts
Posted 08/10/2018   11:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Let's see...

United States: Scott Minuteman (3 volumes) + Supersafe mint sheet files (2)
Armenia: my uncle's collection (4 volumes)
Canada: Harris Canada (1 volume, not active)
Germany: Minkus Germany (1 volume, not active)
Worldwide: Harris Statesman (1 volume, not active)
Esperanto etc. topical: 3 Vario G binders
J.R.R. Tolkien topical: 2 Vario F binders
Other topical: 2 Vario F binders.
Plus other random stuff (especially postcards) in boxes.
Edited by erilaz - 08/10/2018 11:50 am
Pillar Of The Community
Finland
722 Posts
Posted 08/10/2018   12:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
150+ stockbooks and counting... In total about 8 shelf meters of pages filled with stamps.

-k-
Collecting the world 1840 to date one stamp at a time.
Author & owner of Stamp Collecting Blog
United States
2 Posts
Posted 08/17/2018   2:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fgski to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Collect WW and US, so far, I have 2 large world albums and 4 large stock books along with a 10 drawer craft storage bin which houses "many" envelopes. U.S., I have 3 albums, 2 stock book and 6x9 envelopes with stamps separated by denomination. That's not counting the stack of album pages and stamps on paper that I have to get to. This keeps me off the streets!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
852 Posts
Posted 08/17/2018   8:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampman2002 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

fgski!

Better off the streets with your stamps than on it with no stamps!
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
6295 Posts
Posted 08/17/2018   10:05 pm  Show Profile Check jamesw's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jamesw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
On page 1 of this thread I wrote I had 1 book of covers. That was in 2012. Now, mid 2018 I'm at 11 binders of covers.
Also a MUCH larger binder of cheques, two binders of cinderellas, and a small Vatican collection.
Also a couple of boxes of covers to research and mount.
Now that's progress.
Edited by jamesw - 08/17/2018 10:07 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
1414 Posts
Posted 08/17/2018   10:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jkjblue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
On page 1 of this thread I wrote.....

Likewise, my page 1 reply on 2012 stated I had 21 Avery binders for 1840-1940 classic era Aden-Italy.

Since then, I've switched to Lighthouse Vario F & G binders to house the Steiner pages for 1840-1940 (-1952 British Commonwealth).

Vario F & G binders surrounding one errant Palo Binder

And the grand total is, for WW Aden-Zululand, 57 binders using 14 feet (4.3 meters) of shelf space.
Classical era collecting with the Blues
http://bigblue1840-1940.blogspot.com/
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
558 Posts
Posted 08/18/2018   03:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have only 4 binders and 10 stockbooks. One binder is my Dad's FDCs and one stockbook is virtually empty as I am working on my GB 1d reds and haven't started to lay out the collection yet.
Valued Member
United States
136 Posts
Posted 08/19/2018   10:42 am  Show Profile Check jimwentzell's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimwentzell to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
mml1942 commented on his use of files for his postcards and covers:

"I currently have THREE large Card File cabinets designed for 5" x 8" file cards, two with 14 drawers and one with 10 drawers, each relatively full (each drawer mostly filled, with some space for expansion at the back of each drawer - full capacity maybe 2000 postal cards or 1500 covers PER DRAWER.) I have another 10 drawer 4" x 6" file card cabinet which is suitable for postal cards which is slowly filling up and I move things around.

Since these file cabinets don't accommodate legal size (No 10) envelopes, I have several dozen shoe boxes, envelopes boxes and the like for these, And larger boxes with unsorted and un-filed covers for the proverbial rainy day"

(link to NEW one on Amazon "that is similar (mine have 7 rows of drawers not 8"
=====================================
just thought I'd post actual pictures from the link in case the link disengages one day:

Edited by jimwentzell - 08/19/2018 1:08 pm
Valued Member
United States
136 Posts
Posted 08/19/2018   10:48 am  Show Profile Check jimwentzell's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimwentzell to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
GREAT thread, I will take a cursory inventory of my 49-year accumulation and report back.
Learn More...
5588 Posts
Posted 08/19/2018   10:54 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I currently have 43 albums and binders in active use; a smaller number of inactive album/binders which I plan on giving away.
Don
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
147 Posts
Posted 08/19/2018   1:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add amccleaf1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
4 vols US
11 vols WW
1 Precancels
1 Perfins
1 US PNCs
2 vols postcards
1 7-1-71 FDC's
1 Belgium Parcel Post Railway Cancels
1 German Language Ka-be Deutschland album 1872-1933
and literally LOTs of accumulations in process
Valued Member
United Kingdom
16 Posts
Posted 08/24/2018   4:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mark1973 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
OH NO !!! I have NO stockbooks or binders !!!

Am I the only one ?
all my stamps are in hagnar sheets sitting in a safe........and some in the cupboard that aren't worth as much.

Is this wrong of me ?
United States
1 Posts
Posted 08/30/2018   4:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add leatherneck86 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1 Specailty Album British Middle East
3 Specailty Albums British Africa
3 Specailty Albums British Americas
1 Specailty Album British Europe/Oceania
2 Specailty Albums British Asia
1 Specailty Album Canada
1 Specailty Album for British Empire used
1 Stockbook for everything that doesnt have pages in the above
1 Stockbook for odds and ends I like (rest of the world)
1 Stockbook For Great Britian
and 5 more shelfs of duplicates and stuff I need to get rid of...lol
Valued Member
United States
229 Posts
Posted 08/31/2018   06:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add svensson to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mystic Deluxe Heirloom for USA, and a Minkus 3-ring for the BOB and some local covers of personal interest.
Harris Canada.
Lindner Hingeless for Sweden, Norway, Iceland, Denmark, Finland, Russia. Only through 1945 era, approximately.
Stanley Gibbons Windsor for England to 1970.
Steiner pages for all other European countries, start to 1900 in two Lighthouse Vario G binders. So...that's 11 binders. Of course, I have more world-wide, just a question if I ever want to spring for those classic "Browns" and revert to my initial thoughts of an 1840-1900 era collection. Yes, it would leave a lot of unfilled spaces, but....
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.77 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05