Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Stamps With Camera's Or Photographers

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 181 / Views: 21,485Next Topic
Page: of 13
Bedrock Of The Community
United States
14825 Posts
Posted 08/13/2020   07:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KuoLC5310 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Portugal
Media of Communication
October 11, 2005
Set of four, one stamp depicts a television camera.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
362 Posts
Posted 08/13/2020   4:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jleb1979 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for posting the Portugal Madiera stamps, KuoLC...
I now have to obtain same.

Here are a quartet of French stamps issued 6 April 2020 in honor of Félix Nadar (1820-1910), the first aerial photographer in 1858. This was a non-trivial operation at the time. Nadar was using the wet plate collodion process and had to prepare and develop the plates while up in his balloon. He is fairly well-known for that achievement, in part due to a caricature by Daumier which has been featured on a stamp presented earlier in this thread. Less well known, he seems to have been the first person to take photos underground, using artificial lighting, in the Catacombs of Paris.

The mini-sheet employs labels above and below the four stamps. The dozen views are from an innovative 1865 revolving self-portrait. Y&T 5392-5395. Shown here in its original retail packaging which I have not yet opened.

I like the second stamp where he cracks a broad smile. I will have to add that to the mustache thread. The labels could eventually form the bald-spot thread if we ever have one

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous TopicReplies: 181 / Views: 21,485Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05