Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Stamps With Camera's Or Photographers

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7
Bedrock Of The Community
United States
12718 Posts
Posted 09/05/2018   3:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KuoLC5310 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sri Lanka
Wilson Hegoda
January 11, 2016
The stamp honors Wilson Hegoda (1915-1984), a prominent Sri Lankan photographer and the founder of the National Photographic Art Society of Sri Lanka.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
United States
12718 Posts
Posted 09/08/2018   4:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KuoLC5310 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Colombia
Meliton Rodríguez
October 21, 1993
Meliton Rodríguez (1875-1942) was a Colombian photographer from the city of Medellín. He left a valuable graphic material of cultural, social and historical importance.

Bedrock Of The Community
United States
12718 Posts
Posted 11/27/2018   4:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KuoLC5310 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Luxembourg
The Family of Man
September 24, 2013
The stamp commemorates the phoyography exhibition The Family of Man and a portrait of its curator Edward Steichen.

Bedrock Of The Community
United States
12718 Posts
Posted 03/16/2019   5:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KuoLC5310 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Croatia
90th Anniversary of Croatian Radio and 60th Anniversary of Croatian Television
April 26, 2016
The split-view design features a radio broadcaster and a television camera.

Bedrock Of The Community
United States
12718 Posts
Posted 03/16/2019   6:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KuoLC5310 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Australia
50 Years of Television
October 24, 2006
Set of five, one stamp entitled Dateline shows a cameraman with a video camera in the foreground.

Bedrock Of The Community
United States
12718 Posts
Posted 04/04/2019   12:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KuoLC5310 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Serbia
200 Years Since The Birth of Anastas Jovanovic
November 1, 2017
Anastasije Jovanovi#263; (1817-1899) was the first Serbian photographer of his time to treat photography as an art form and to capture on film historical events. The stamp features his self-portrait taken in 1854.

Edited by KuoLC5310 - 04/04/2019 12:24 pm
Valued Member
Brazil
259 Posts
Posted 05/30/2019   8:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rigel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Czechoslovkia

Television

2v.

The stamp depicts a TV camera of the 60's

Valued Member
United States
32 Posts
Posted 11/06/2019   12:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jleb1979 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I recently started collecting cameras/photography/photographers as a diversion from my US collection, so this thread has been interesting and helpful. I'll have a few to share which I do not see in the thread.

Here is one I just obtained, issued by Tonga 23 November 1979.
1p in a round format promoting tourism by showing Niuatoputapu and Tafahi Islands through [sic] a Nikon lens....
Mine is used, with a somewhat unpleasant FDI cancel. I'd like to get a better someday, but it would seem to be uncommon. Several were issued the same day: CO170-72 and C275-79 (the latter are of Kao Island).

Scouter, if you're still looking at this thread, could you confirm the Scott number for that Micronesian stamp you shared back in 2012? I did not find it when I looked in my library's 2017 Scott, but I assume it's the 377g on the ATA list for cameras/photography. Thanks.
Valued Member
Brazil
259 Posts
Posted 11/08/2019   3:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rigel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Brazil

Twenty years of 'TV Cultura'

1v.

Valued Member
United States
32 Posts
Posted 11/14/2019   11:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jleb1979 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have not seen this one in the thread.
Arrived in my mail yesterday.
Ghana Scott# 495 the lowest denomination of 5 peswa in an issue of four celebrating Interpol of all things. This one depicts a man pointing an SLR camera with telephoto lens out a window. I paid US $3.00 for the set of four which was the only offering I found to secure this particular one.

Valued Member
United States
32 Posts
Posted 11/14/2019   6:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jleb1979 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And here's another that came to me recently that I do not see previously posted:
A 2010 issue from Israel, Scott #1815
The "pill camera" is one of a group of three stamps promoting Israeli inventions. There is an imperforate souvenir sheet version too, but that is rather pricey.

It even says "pill camera" on the device so I think it qualifies. Apparently meant to be swallowed and then the medicos can image your innards. This is as close as I want to come to it, thanks.

Valued Member
United States
32 Posts
Posted 11/19/2019   2:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jleb1979 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a 1988 issue from Malagasy (Scott #862).
There were two small souvenir sheets issued, each bearing one stamp showing scouts birding. The scout on the other issue is just looking in a bird guide, but the scout on this one (862) is crouching in the corner of the stamp, taking a photograph with his SLR.

Malagasy of course is the gov't of the great island of Madagascar, where there are many plant, animal, and bird species found nowhere else. Somewhere above 100 unique birds are there.
Valued Member
United States
32 Posts
Posted 11/21/2019   3:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jleb1979 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a 2003 issue from Japan, one of five issued for Letter Writing Day. Scott #2863 depicts a cat holding a camera, as well as a letter. If that's silly, another in the set shows a crocodile playing an accordion.

Valued Member
Brazil
259 Posts
Posted Yesterday   5:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rigel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Chile

Professions

4v.

surcharged black to $15

The stamp depics an old street photographer. In Brazil they were called 'lambe-lambe'

Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05