Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Typewriters On Stamps

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 57 / Views: 19,362Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5541 Posts
Posted 07/04/2016   11:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In 2004, Bolivia commemorated the 75th anniversary of the Association of La Paz Journalists by issuing this 1.50 bolivianos stamp showing a typewriter on a wheeled base. The illustration is by Bolivian artist Perez Alcala'.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by bookbndrbob - 07/04/2016 11:54 am
Bedrock Of The Community
United States
16372 Posts
Posted 04/14/2017   5:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KuoLC5310 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Austria
Typewriter- Peter Mitterhofer
March 16, 2017
Peter Mitterhofer (1822 - 1893 ) was an Austrian carpenter and an inventor and designer of various types of early typewriters.
The commemorate stamp shows his portrait and his first machine, the Vienna Model 1864.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5541 Posts
Posted 08/27/2018   1:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Two posts on this thread refer to the 1876 Centennial Exhibition in Philadelphia and the appearance of the newfangled "type writer" at this important event. In his post (1st page), Rod shows an article referring to a Scott Stamp Monthly monograph on the Exhibition and typewriter. On page three, John Becker shows a Centennial postal stationery cover addressed by the typewriter and with the return address of type writer agent J.W. Bain.

Here is a cover sent as a souvenir from the Exhibition by a husband to his wife. Only the salutation and last three lines of the form letter are imprinted by the type writer.

Found this in my cave closet yesterday and did not realize until this morning that there was an enclosure. As my dad used to say in his North Carolina manner, "Even a blind hog gets an acorn every once in a while".

Bedrock Of The Community
United States
16372 Posts
Posted 09/04/2018   3:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KuoLC5310 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Aruba
Antiques
August 31, 2017
Set of five, one stamp depicts a vintage typewriter.

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1127 Posts
Posted 09/05/2018   05:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Outremer01 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Alderney (Bailiwick of Guernsey)
30th July 2014
The Life of Ian Fleming

Designed - Two Degrees North
Printed - BDT International
Bedrock Of The Community
United States
16372 Posts
Posted 12/27/2019   10:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KuoLC5310 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Italy
Gianni Brera
September 8, 2019
The stamp commemorates Gianni Brera (1919-1992), one of the most influential Italian sports journalists of the 20th century. He is credited for innovating Italian language, notably by creating a whole new terms for football (soccer).

Bedrock Of The Community
United States
16372 Posts
Posted 12/17/2020   1:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KuoLC5310 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Italy
Olivetti
December 15, 2020
The stamp commemorates the 70th anniversary of Olivetti Lettera 22, a portable mechanical typewriter.
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
Posted 12/17/2020   2:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MrEd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

after graduating from Pharmacy school over 50 years ago all we used was manual typewriters. All day long (12 hr days) typing prescription labels, profiles and bills. I remember in school taking a typing class and the instructor slapped my hands with a yard stick when I looked down on the keyboard. Oh the memories.
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
509 Posts
Posted 12/18/2020   12:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LaoPhil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This stamp shows a drawing of the actress Hanna Rovina portraying the bride in "The Dybbuk". It is an imaginary scene in which the bride herself writes the play on a typewriter, issued by Israel on September 12, 2017 to commemorate centenary of the Israeli National Theatre Habima:
Valued Member
Brazil
430 Posts
Posted 05/04/2021   03:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rigel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Indonesia

Definitives - 12v

In a set of Transport & Communication, the $7.50 stamp depicts a teletypist working in a telex machine

Valued Member
Brazil
430 Posts
Posted 05/12/2021   1:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rigel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
United Nations, Geneve

125 years of UPU - bloc 4v

The lower left stamp depicts a woman in an old typewritter

Valued Member
Canada
224 Posts
Posted 05/12/2021   4:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Casey Magoo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I did my last resume on a typewriter. I will update it if I don't retire first.
my best friend has four legs
and a soft pillow
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 57 / Views: 19,362Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05