Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

1908 Xmas "Is It Safe For US To Come Home Yet" Diphtheria

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 4,013Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
294 Posts
Posted 10/15/2012   09:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add UFOAirMail to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Well this card here just blows my mind..please read it,its very powerful and you'll probally find yourself right in Ethels shoes,and her heart..feel her fear and worrying...missing home and family with Christmas now fast approaching with only 4 days left before whats always been the most joyous day of he year..and on top of all that fear and stress,still sends her parents a Christmas Greetings Card~

Hollywood needs to wake up and make a movie on this...Something real and true and a story soo huge...
Here's what happened a few years down the road~
http://www.history.navy.mil/library...d%201918.htm
After you read that,now you can read this~with alot of pictures
http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/in...za-epidemic/
Send note to Staff

Rest in Peace
United States
7097 Posts
Posted 10/16/2012   7:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add I_Love_Stamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Scary stuff right there. Remember that the Spanish Influenza was rife by 1914 and that killed more people than WW.I.! No antibiotics and sterilization, although known about, was not standard practice yet. Neat peek into the past. Thank you!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1947 Posts
Posted 10/17/2012   06:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rohumpy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What a poignant and scary message. You really feel the pain of these folks.
Valued Member
United States
294 Posts
Posted 10/17/2012   1:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add UFOAirMail to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Really hard to imagine this in our nation,,you always seem to hear about everywhere else..but this is home.Like I said they really should make a movie on this someday
Very scary and sad no doubt about
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
62 Posts
Posted 05/13/2020   1:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chevelle to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ran across this in the performance of an unrelated search. Thought I'd bump it up. Dave
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 4,013Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05