Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

My Us Special Delivery Collection - Complete With Varieties

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 3,592Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3461 Posts
Posted 03/28/2020   1:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
BUMPING this much older thread. I just wanted to point out that there are more of the Scott E8, Missing top frameline out there for you to find. Here is a recent purchase:
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
611 Posts
Posted 03/28/2020   6:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add alub to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't have my stamp collection with me, so I went on eBay to see what E8 look like with the top-line. The first one I looked at didn't have a Top Line either.

So those of you were looking for a mint copy without the top line there's one up on eBay right now.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1427 Posts
Posted 03/29/2020   12:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great job! Perhaps you might consider uploading images directly to SCF? The watermark makes some of the stamps and your notes hard to read.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
780 Posts
Posted 03/29/2020   01:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gettinold to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Is the absence of the top line due to under inking? Have an interesting version of it. Seems to be partially missing.

Pillar Of The Community
2708 Posts
Posted 03/29/2020   11:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
To paraphrase, this is described as a relief break on the transfer (roll) in several stages from a partial-line to completely missing in the late production of E8. Also seen on E10. See Loran French's "Encyclopedia of Plate Varieties on U.S. Bureau-Printed Postage Stamps".

I note 2 of my 16 examples readily handy here have the top line absent.

I like the partial line better to the fully-absent line.

Although the original poster has not logged-on in over 2 years, I chuckle a bit when someone claims "complete". I know he claimed complete for shades, but there always seems to be some significant item missed among the other production varieties. Where is the printing on booklet paper for E13?
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 3,592Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.12 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05