Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Treasures From The Bargain Boxes

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 3,940Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9747 Posts
Posted 11/05/2012   5:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add philb to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
i went to a post card show Sunday with few expectations..and was amazed at some of the covers in the bargain boxes...yes I am one of the guys that goes to a postcard show to look at the stamp/postmark side of the card...i would like to show some of the Seepost and seapost office covers I picked up as well as postcards from Funchal !

Send note to Staff
APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
4605 Posts
Posted 11/06/2012   12:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bujutsu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That is a nice one philb and the Sea Post Office is really clear too.

Chimo

Bujutsu
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2751 Posts
Posted 11/06/2012   1:34 pm  Show Profile Check Battlestamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Battlestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice find Phil. I need to start attending some shows in your area or something.
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9747 Posts
Posted 11/06/2012   2:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Battlestamps Kingston New York has a postcard show in the Spring and fall.admission is 3 bucks but sometimes its worth it..one dealer came up from New Jersey with just enough gas to make it one way !!
APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2751 Posts
Posted 11/07/2012   4:33 pm  Show Profile Check Battlestamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Battlestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
philb: Thanks for the information. Is there any details about the spring show yet? Kingston isn't too far for me. I always find out about shows after the fact. I need to research the name of the publications/websites that might list the shows.
Valued Member
United States
294 Posts
Posted 11/08/2012   3:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add UFOAirMail to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Do you get to pic and choose through the entire boxes full or have to purchase the whole box load?
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9747 Posts
Posted 11/09/2012   12:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
UFO I got to pick and chose..the eyes get blurry after a while..thank goodness the post card collectors are not looking for what I am looking for !
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9747 Posts
Posted 11/09/2012   12:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Battlestamps not sure about the date of the Spring postcard show..i wil l spread the word when I find out..it amazes me how many people attend a postcard show compared to the sparse crowds I see at some smaller stamp shows !
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2751 Posts
Posted 11/09/2012   4:32 pm  Show Profile Check Battlestamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Battlestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
philb: Thanks! You're right about the attendence at local shows. I made to the one in the Troy area last month and there was barely anyone there when it opened up. I was working this last week in Red Hook on a project in the fallow farm field next to the cinema. We finished early today and went into the nearby antique/junk shop (Rogers?). I picked up a few cheap postcards, but nothing as nice as above.
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9747 Posts
Posted 11/09/2012   5:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Battlestamps If you are in the area again I will give you my phone number...i think you were at Hoffmans place just past the cinemas..the family owned a lot of farm land in the area now he Roger Hoffman just plays around with junk/antiques..he must make something on it !!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
3858 Posts
Posted 11/18/2012   08:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dianne Earl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great find Phil

Thanks for sharing

Dianne
Don't grumble that the roses have thorns, be thankful that the thorns have roses
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9747 Posts
Posted 11/18/2012   08:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Dianne, Long time no see !
Rest in Peace
United States
7097 Posts
Posted 11/18/2012   10:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add I_Love_Stamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! That's sweet!
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 3,940Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05