Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Obama Stamps Already!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 1,507Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
USA
1749 Posts
Posted 11/06/2008   10:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add gussyboy1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Saw this on line! Mystic is selling it for $9.99
I would much rather see an artist's rendering of our new president
than just a snap shot--we'll see what the years bring.

Gussyboy1
Send note to Staff
Nobody gets in to see the Wizard. Not nobody. Not No How!"
Edited by gussyboy1 - 11/06/2008 11:06 am

Pillar Of The Community
USA
1749 Posts
Posted 11/06/2008   11:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gussyboy1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I guess these would classify as Cinderellas? These I saw on newsreleasewire.com They say in the article that a company in Tampa Bay ,Florida is selling these to benefit your charity of choice.

Thanks!
Gussyboy1

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Nobody gets in to see the Wizard. Not nobody. Not No How!"
Edited by gussyboy1 - 11/06/2008 11:15 am
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1927 Posts
Posted 11/06/2008   5:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Triggersmob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A bit premature, he is not officially the president yet.

Steve
Valued Member
United States
23 Posts
Posted 11/09/2008   12:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CrazyCat to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow. I like how they jump on the gun about the 44th "president" ... That is kind of crazy!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1566 Posts
Posted 11/09/2008   12:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mkfarm to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just like Christmas the stuff is out months in advance. Doesn't he have to be sworn in before he is called the President?
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1927 Posts
Posted 11/09/2008   02:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Triggersmob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not just sworn in, he is not even officially President until the Electoral College meets and votes him in, if they do. There has been occasions where they have voted the other way.

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/thepo...tcollege.htm

Steve
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
907 Posts
Posted 11/24/2008   2:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add WpgLwr to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It's amazing how much stuff Liberia seems to be issuing -- and not only in the stamp world either.

How is this possible? Last I heard, Liberia was involved in a Civil War (and with child solders, too!). You'd think the last thing that would be on their mind would be issuing commemoratives...
Pillar Of The Community
USA
1881 Posts
Posted 11/24/2008   2:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nr-notrare to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wpg....

Most of the over abundence "issued" under questionable circumstances,
is "created for collectors" never seeing any postal use, which to me, makes them worthless.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
907 Posts
Posted 11/24/2008   3:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add WpgLwr to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, exactly -- they're not legitimately stamps at all. Hopefully they'll wind up in Scott's "For the Record".
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2972 Posts
Posted 11/24/2008   4:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamperdude to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Liberia is also the country that issued a presidential stamp for Al Gore....

I guess this year they could have released on for McCain, I am sure it was already to print.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
977 Posts
Posted 11/24/2008   5:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ratio411 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Have you seen the commercial about the 20 dollar bill
that has the twin towers on one corner to represent the
number "11", then a "9" on the opposing corner? Making
the total of "20" for the face value of the bill...

It is made of "silver leaf" and the commercial sells it
for "face value"... Sounds good enough, 20 bux for 20
bux. HOWEVER, it is $20 Liberian dollars! So you give
them $20 US, and you get $20 Liberian. (not to mention
shipping and handling)

Does anyone know the exchange rate on $20 Liberian?
Well, it's about $0.30 USD.

They have no other source of revenue in Liberia.
Pillar Of The Community
USA
2498 Posts
Posted 11/24/2008   9:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add modern_who to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And if you buy their stuff you are funding their war. Cool.
Larry, APS Member

Modern-Vue Stamps on eBay
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 1,507Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05