Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

People Who Will Never Be Forgotten.

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 31 / Views: 6,351Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
Spain
46 Posts
Posted 01/22/2013   8:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add JackBrown to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello again.

I have finally decided two topics for my stamp collection. One topic is going to be anything to do with science, be it space travel or chemistry. The other theme I have decided on, is people who will never be lost to history.

In other words, people who are so famous, that everyone knows who they are, and will continue to know who they are for at least the next 1000 years of human history.

This includes people like Isaac Newton, Martin Luther King, Adolph Hitler, and anyone else who reached such a level of fame, for good or for bad. It would exclude people like Tom Cruise, Marylin Manson, and anyone else who may slip in to obscurity over time.

What stamps do you have of people who will not soon be forgotten?

Can you name any people who will not be lost to history any time soon?

Below I am showing off my two latest purchases of this theme/topic.

Sorry for the blurry scans, I don't have anything to keep them in yet other than the envelope they arrived in, and as they are MNH I don't want to ruin the gum by scanning them out of the envelope.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
5131 Posts
Posted 01/23/2013   4:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lithograving to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi there Jack

That would be great topic for you to get into and you'll have lots of fun searching for important people in history.
One of my favourites is Mahatma Gandhi, an advocate of non-violence in the most violent 20th Century.

As far as scanning hurting the gum on stamps I don't believe there is any evidence that would support that as far as I know.

I've scanned thousands of stamps (mostly mint) for the last 4 years and can see no damage whatsoever on the gum, the paper, the printing or the tagging.

BTW there is no ph in Adolf
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Spain
46 Posts
Posted 01/23/2013   4:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JackBrown to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@lithograving Nice stamp, yes Gandhi has to be on the list for sure. Thanks.
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
6191 Posts
Posted 01/23/2013   5:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
JackBrown,

Nice thematic. But I guess you will not be including Kings,Queens and Presidents as they will go down in History because of what they do and who they are.
Or maybe you will include them?

I have chosen Anne Frank for this post.
On the assumption [and I might be hoping for too much here] that Iran or other such nations with extremist leaders are not allowed to take over the world, then the Holocaust will forever be written in History books.
Anne Frank will always be synonymous with the Holocaust.

Londonbus1
Edited by Londonbus1 - 01/23/2013 5:06 pm
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9748 Posts
Posted 01/23/2013   5:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My wife did some collections based on the Big 3 conferences before during and just after the second world war...so many stamps of Roosevelt Churchill and Stalin. But she never cared for Tom Cruise !
APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9748 Posts
Posted 01/23/2013   5:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Its not my collection but if it were I would include Mother Theresa !
APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
6191 Posts
Posted 01/23/2013   5:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Charles Darwin.

Londonbus1 [again!]
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
6191 Posts
Posted 01/23/2013   5:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For Philb.......

Pillar Of The Community
Israel
6191 Posts
Posted 01/23/2013   5:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Will you include fictional characters ?

Alice in Wonderland.

Pillar Of The Community
USA
9748 Posts
Posted 01/23/2013   5:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This could go on forever..but Alexander Fleming discoverer of Penicillin, Hungary scott 2699 !!
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
6191 Posts
Posted 01/23/2013   5:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
With Global Cooling taking over from Global Warming in many parts of the world, will it mean the SNOWMAN going down in History ?

Freezingbus1 !
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9748 Posts
Posted 01/23/2013   5:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bus, the folks here in his neighborhood never voted for him..but he was a stamp collector and gave us Social Security !

Pillar Of The Community
Israel
6191 Posts
Posted 01/23/2013   5:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's another one for Philb......

Rest in Peace
United States
1806 Posts
Posted 01/23/2013   5:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 1775mac to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Alice in Wonderland.

Still sliding in the Wonderland Cindy's Londonbus?

Still, I always enjoy seeing them pop up.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2547 Posts
Posted 01/23/2013   6:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Russ to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
He inspired an entire nation.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6409 Posts
Posted 01/23/2013   7:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Benjamin Franklin.

Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 31 / Views: 6,351Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.24 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05