Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

World War 2 German Soldier Cigarette Picture Cards

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 18,085Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
294 Posts
Posted 02/05/2013   12:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add UFOAirMail to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Guys have you ever seen these cards? Anyone know anything about them and could you tell me if these are rare? I think very unique and interesting for the World War 2 German collector

Send note to Staff
Edited by UFOAirMail - 02/05/2013 12:52 pm

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
2277 Posts
Posted 02/05/2013   1:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nitrolures to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice and I'm sure a Germany expert will chime in soon. Things like this can be from common to very desired and who is portrayed can be a bonus.
Can't help but notice the "armbreakercustomrods" -- Are you also a fishing nut??
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
294 Posts
Posted 02/05/2013   2:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add UFOAirMail to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes Nitro I would think these are prized by collectors.
I have to put my watermark on them to prevent people from using images to make reproduction prints from them ect..reproduction STINK anyways so anything I can do to stop the cancer then better! Yep I also build custom rods Nitro..my days just fly by trying to do all of this hahhaha
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1251 Posts
Posted 02/05/2013   5:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Horamkhet to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi UFOAIRMAIL

Yes these things are valuable, I have set of Fifty different ones that depict the uniforms for the Nazi Party in 1933.
( I think that yours might be from a large set as well, but no sure whether it was 25 or 30 or even 50.
However, because yours have photos of Nazi Personalities on them, if you ever tried to sell them on eBay, they would remove the listing as offensive. ( I tried listing a stamped postcard for the Austrian Anchluss and because it had a picture of Hitler on it someone complained that it was offensive and it was removed)
There is a military museum in Fort Levenworth and I believe that they might be interested if you ever decided to sell. When John Angola was there, he was interested in purchasing mine but I was not interested in selling.
I have added pictures of them, just for Historical interest and I hope no-one is offended.
As an Historian, I do not condone what happened in parts of History, but I can not change events that have passed.
Regards
Horamakhet.
Edited by Horamkhet - 02/05/2013 5:27 pm
Valued Member
United States
294 Posts
Posted 02/06/2013   1:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add UFOAirMail to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Horamkhet and thank you sooo very much for the wonderful information and wow I love your card collection you have shown us all here!
Your so very right about what history has written,,its not our doing at all and we should be allowed to sell anything we wish..this is a free world now,,and eBay is acting like they are Hitler by telling us what to do and what we cannot do..they are hippocrite's are they not??It was very bda what happened,but it is history and we should be allowe dto show it so it reminds to never allow to happen again,,not hide it and bury it like they are making us do..
I found more cards last night and these have sooo much more content in them..I cannot wait to show you these! I should have them scanned here in a bit and I will get posted..
I am really considering selling these..I would like them in a place for others to enjoy and learn from for generations to come..I just have to keep digging to see if there are more yet to come,,so it may be a little while yet before I know that's all of them...my grandfathers collection was vast and I have a ton to get through yet ..but great news to hear about these cards!
Thank you sooo much for the information Horamakhet,I really appreciate it so very much
Dave
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1251 Posts
Posted 02/06/2013   5:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Horamkhet to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi UFOAIRMAIL

Just remember that complete sets are very hard to find, and command a premium.

I have always thought that no-one has a right to censure history.
There are many horrific and terrible events in History.
When a famous British Person had 25 thousand persons put in to a concentration camp in the 2nd Boer war and had them beaten and starved to death, and I am talking of old men, women and children, nothing was ever done about it.(It would be easy to guess who this British Person is, as he is very famous for his Boer War exploits) Yet it seems that the British like to keep this fact hidden. But you can sell Boer War items on eBay no questions asked.
You can sell Soviet items on eBay, but they turn a blind eye to the fact that Stalin killed 20 million of his own people and 40 thousand Polish Troops.
I would have thought that eBay being registered in Switzerland, they would have a neutral outlook on everything.
Remember yes, but do not blame the present generation for the faults in History.
Regards
Horamakhet
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
5109 Posts
Posted 02/06/2013   5:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lithograving to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Horamkhet, I believe you're talking about Churchill. Correct?

Now I'm not a fan of Winston Churchill but I believe in historical truths.
Not much of that around anymore since most noways get their history from movies and the History Channel.
Anybody read a book anymore?
Even though he took part in the Boer War, first as a war corresponadnt
and later as commissioned officer there is no evidence that he was
responsible for the concentration camps.

The blame there belongs squarely to the British government who herded Boer women and children into camps were thousands died.
Ethic cleansing circa 1900. War crime today?

Valued Member
United States
294 Posts
Posted 02/06/2013   6:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add UFOAirMail to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's some more cards I found last night with MUCH MORE SUBSTANCE~

Edited by UFOAirMail - 02/06/2013 6:37 pm
Valued Member
United States
294 Posts
Posted 02/06/2013   6:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add UFOAirMail to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Horamakhet can you tell me what the card with the bomb on it says please and also can you tell me what these cards are all about..I havnt a clue yet and figured its a great time to ask..sure do appreciate it sir..love my history very much so!
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
5109 Posts
Posted 02/06/2013   7:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lithograving to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Wilhelm Friedrich Loeper was a Nazi politician and Gauleiter (Governor)
who died in 1935 so these cards are not from WWII but definitely pre war.

This one says loosely " An aerial bomb reminds one howdefenseless Germany is in the air"
So this is a kind of propaganda card pointing out that Germany was at a disadvantage vis a vis other powers since after
WWI Germany under the Versailles Treaty was at first forbidden and then only allowed a limited air force.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2880 Posts
Posted 02/06/2013   7:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rileysan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
However, because yours have photos of Nazi Personalities on them, if you ever tried to sell them on eBay, they would remove the listing as offensive.

This differs based on what country you are in. This would not be removed from eBay's US site, eBay.com, however, people from outside the US may or may not be able to see the listing based on the content.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
5109 Posts
Posted 02/06/2013   7:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lithograving to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
However, because yours have photos of Nazi Personalities on them

Yup these two sure look like those bad Nazi war criminals.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1159 Posts
Posted 02/07/2013   05:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sharksfan11 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a listing on eBay of something very similar. Around a buck a piece. All I could find right now. Listed from Arizona.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-German-...em460c262bba
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1159 Posts
Posted 02/07/2013   05:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sharksfan11 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is another even closer to what you have.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GERMAN-CIGA...em3cceaee05a
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1251 Posts
Posted 02/07/2013   4:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Horamkhet to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi UFOAIRMAIL

The cards were issued to promote the New Germany that came to power in 1933 and basically are a political statement to show people how everything was being improved and how that through co-operation Germany was re-building itself.
Contrary to what people say, I can tell you that these cards are definitely worth more than $1.00 each.
Never believe what you see on sites on the internet about collectables.
I sold a set of cards that an auction house told me was only worth about $20.00, for more than one thousand dollars privately.
Also contrary to what is said about Nazi items, if you advertised as world wide and it has pictures of Nazi hierachy, eBay will remove it.
All it takes is one person to complain and they will remove it and send you a long email telling you it is offensive.
Horamakhet
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2880 Posts
Posted 02/07/2013   4:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rileysan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Also contrary to what is said about Nazi items, if you advertised as world wide and it has pictures of Nazi hierachy, eBay will remove it.

How can you make this statement when you were clearly shown eBay auctions with these items?!? You are wrong. eBay does not remove Nazi items in the US. Perhaps in Australia, but not the US.

I have to suck it up and admit I was partially wrong. Here's the guidelines. These items are considered restricted (meaning they restrict who can see them ... by country, that is).

Quote:
We recognize the historical significance of World War II and that there are many militaria collectors around the world. We allow some related historical items, but ban others, particularly those that amount to Nazi propaganda.

Allowed
Stamps, letters, and envelopes displaying Nazi postmarks

Currency issued by the Nazi German government, including military scripts

Items that have a swastika that are not related to Nazi Germany (such as good luck charms, Native American blankets, Buddhist sculptures)

Replica or novelty stamps or currency of Nazi Germany (must comply with the currency and stamp policies) even if they contain images of swastikas or German leaders

Restricted

These items can't be shipped to Germany, France, or other countries that prohibit Nazi-related materials:

Non-propaganda German films made before 1945

Documentary films about Nazis, World War II, or the historical significance of that time period in world history

Hollywood-style films with Nazi subject matter

Eva Braun's home movies

"Mein Kampf" and Hitler's Second Book

Books with swastikas on the cover (must have been published outside of Germany if published between 1933-1945)

"What if?" type books that discuss what would have happened if battles or the war had ended differently

Non-propaganda books

Models of World War II German military vehicles

Action figures in World War II German uniforms

Reproductions of World War II German uniforms and equipment that do not have Nazi symbols

Jewish identification (armbands, Star of David)

Nazi issued documents (passports, travel papers)

Anti-Nazi items (such as the Hitler pin cushion)

Battlefield, concentration camp, or war victim photos (even if the image contains dead bodies)

Not allowed
These films:

- Jud Süß

- Der ewige Jude (The Eternal Jew)

- Triuph des Willens (Triumph of the Will)

- Die Ausschwitzlüge und Ihre Folgen Videofilm (Kritik Verlag) (The Auschwitz Lie and Its Consequences)

- Die Folgen der Ausschwitzlüge für Ernst Zündel (Kritik Verlag) (The Consequences of the Auschwitz Lie for Ernst Zundel)

- Wochenschau unkommentiert

- Triologie - Gestern und heute (1938)

- Adolf Hilter Videofilm (Kritik Verlag)

- Lüge wo bleibt dein Sieg (Kritik Verlag)

- (Lies, where is the victory)

- Zeugen wider der Gaskammer (Kritik Verlag)

- (Witnesses of the Gas Chamber/Witness against the Gas Chamber)

Any film identified as Nazi propaganda

Music or films that promote hatred and racial supremacy

Books by these Nazi authors:

- Alfred Rosenberg

- Baldur von Schirach

- Hermann Göring (Goering)

- Dr. Joseph Goebbels

- Hans Zoberlein

Holocaust denial books

Nazi propaganda books

These bands and types of music:

- Nazi marching music

- Absurd

- Skrewdriver

- Nordic Thunder

- Hilter's Inferno Songs

Any items that were owned by or affiliated with the following Nazi leaders:

- Martin Bormann

- Joseph Goebbels

- Hermann Göring (Goering)

- Rudolf Heß (Hess)

- Reinhard Heydrich

- Heinrich Himmler

- Adolf Hitler

- Wilhelm Bodewin Johann Gustav Keitel

- Alfred Rosenberg

- Julius Streicher

Propaganda postcards with images of Nazi leaders or pro-Nazi text

1936 Olympic medals

Uniforms, uniform components, weapons, or other items that bear the Nazi swastika or SS runes

De-Nazi-fied items (items that originally had a swastika or SS runes that have been removed)

Listings where images are edited or cropped to try to hide Nazi markings or insignia

Edited by Rileysan - 02/07/2013 4:56 pm
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 18,085Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05