Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

World War 2 German Soldier Cigarette Picture Cards

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 18,086Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
5109 Posts
Posted 02/07/2013   5:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lithograving to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Quote:
We recognize the historical significance of World War II and that there are many militaria collectors around the world. We allow some related historical items, but ban others, particularly those that amount to Nazi propaganda.

Allowed
Stamps, letters, and envelopes displaying Nazi postmarks

Currency issued by the Nazi German government, including military scripts

Items that have a swastika that are not related to Nazi Germany (such as good luck charms, Native American blankets, Buddhist sculptures)

Replica or novelty stamps or currency of Nazi Germany (must comply with the currency and stamp policies) even if they contain images of swastikas or German leaders

Restricted

These items can't be shipped to Germany, France, or other countries that prohibit Nazi-related materials:

Non-propaganda German films made before 1945

Documentary films about Nazis, World War II, or the historical significance of that time period in world history

Hollywood-style films with Nazi subject matter

Eva Braun's home movies

"Mein Kampf" and Hitler's Second Book

Books with swastikas on the cover (must have been published outside of Germany if published between 1933-1945)

"What if?" type books that discuss what would have happened if battles or the war had ended differently

Non-propaganda books

Models of World War II German military vehicles

Action figures in World War II German uniforms

Reproductions of World War II German uniforms and equipment that do not have Nazi symbols

Jewish identification (armbands, Star of David)

Nazi issued documents (passports, travel papers)

Anti-Nazi items (such as the Hitler pin cushion)

Battlefield, concentration camp, or war victim photos (even if the image contains dead bodies)

Not allowed
These films:

- Jud Süß

- Der ewige Jude (The Eternal Jew)

- Triuph des Willens (Triumph of the Will)

- Die Ausschwitzlüge und Ihre Folgen Videofilm (Kritik Verlag) (The Auschwitz Lie and Its Consequences)

- Die Folgen der Ausschwitzlüge für Ernst Zündel (Kritik Verlag) (The Consequences of the Auschwitz Lie for Ernst Zundel)

- Wochenschau unkommentiert

- Triologie - Gestern und heute (1938)

- Adolf Hilter Videofilm (Kritik Verlag)

- Lüge wo bleibt dein Sieg (Kritik Verlag)

- (Lies, where is the victory)

- Zeugen wider der Gaskammer (Kritik Verlag)

- (Witnesses of the Gas Chamber/Witness against the Gas Chamber)

Any film identified as Nazi propaganda

Music or films that promote hatred and racial supremacy

Books by these Nazi authors:

- Alfred Rosenberg

- Baldur von Schirach

- Hermann Göring (Goering)

- Dr. Joseph Goebbels

- Hans Zoberlein

Holocaust denial books

Nazi propaganda books

These bands and types of music:

- Nazi marching music

- Absurd

- Skrewdriver

- Nordic Thunder

- Hilter's Inferno Songs

Any items that were owned by or affiliated with the following Nazi leaders:

- Martin Bormann

- Joseph Goebbels

- Hermann Göring (Goering)

- Rudolf Heß (Hess)

- Reinhard Heydrich

- Heinrich Himmler

- Adolf Hitler

- Wilhelm Bodewin Johann Gustav Keitel

- Alfred Rosenberg

- Julius Streicher

Propaganda postcards with images of Nazi leaders or pro-Nazi text

1936 Olympic medals

Uniforms, uniform components, weapons, or other items that bear the Nazi swastika or SS runes

De-Nazi-fied items (items that originally had a swastika or SS runes that have been removed)

Listings where images are edited or cropped to try to hide Nazi markings or insignia

Wow that's some list.

Like why would the 1936 Olympic medals be banned ?
Germany had both Summer and Winter Olympics that year and it was a global event with all the major countries attending.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2880 Posts
Posted 02/07/2013   5:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rileysan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Like why would the 1936 Olympic medals be banned ?
Germany had both Summer and Winter Olympics that year and it was a global event with all the major countries attending.

No idea. I don't understand why there are even restrictions on half these items. If there's an elephant in the room, why not acknowledge it?
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1251 Posts
Posted 02/08/2013   10:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Horamkhet to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rileysan

Bias is still bias.
No-one has the right to censor what happened or to prevent items being sold that refer to historical events, no-matter how horrendous or horrifying. And I am here speaking as an historian and Archaeologist.

eBay is doing exactly what the Nazi regime did, censoring and preventing people buying and selling items that may offend some persons.
If you do not like it, or do not want to buy it, then leave the site, and let other people who do want such items to trade in them.
IMO censorship is denying the facts and as Aldous Huxley said, "Facts do not cease to exist even though others wish to deny them"

I do not mean to offend persons with these comments, but my family suffered in WWII because we have a German Surname, and yet my parents worked for the Allied Military translating documents from German, Russian, Bulgarian, Italian, French and Spanish.
My cousin overseas was even Commander-In- Chief of the 12th Allied Commandos who figured prominently in the D Day landings, and he is one of only three families in the UK that can legally raise their own private army.
In Australia I believe that persecution was so bad that some persons whose families had been here for more than one hundred years, so technically they are Australian, had their houses burnt.
However, this is a stamp forum, so this will be my last comment on censorship of items pertaining to the Third Reich.
Regards to all
Horamakhet

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2880 Posts
Posted 02/09/2013   12:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rileysan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Ebay is doing exactly what the Nazi regime did, censoring and preventing people buying and selling items that may offend some persons.
If you do not like it, or do not want to buy it, then leave the site, and let other people who do want such items to trade in them.
IMO censorship is denying the facts and as Aldous Huxley said, "Facts do not cease to exist even though others wish to deny them"

I couldn't agree more!
Valued Member
United States
294 Posts
Posted 02/09/2013   03:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add UFOAirMail to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
we'll this was certainly very interesting and I learned from it..thank you everyone..we never stop learning thank god!
Pillar Of The Community
USA
2498 Posts
Posted 02/09/2013   3:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add modern_who to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I had the following banned from eBay about four years ago. In jest, I even took down the images from the original posting on this board so as 'not to offend' anyone here.

They were starting to get bids but the next morning I got the following from eBay:

Quote:
You recently listed the following listing:

200300491995 - GERMANY Bohemia Moravia Nazi Propaganda Cover
200300509335 - GERMANY Nazi Propaganda Post Card Hitler w/ Rally Photo

Unfortunately, we had to remove your listing because the following information violates our policy:

We notified members who placed bids on the item that the listing has been canceled.

In order to ensure that all listings are consistent with the spirit of the worldwide community, eBay members are not allowed to sell items that may be viewed as promoting or glorifying hatred, violence, and racial or religious intolerance. Items that promote organizations with these views are also prohibited. In addition, members are not allowed to sell or ship these types of items to countries where they are illegal.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/offensive.html

I got a similar message the following day when the other card was found.

Here is a link to that thread, which, if I remember correctly (I'm not about to read it again), got pretty contentious.

http://goscf.com/t/3659&whichpage=1...Terms=hitler

I had the same problem with eBay at another time when I listed a couple of my old BB guns from the 1950's.

Larry, APS Member

Modern-Vue Stamps on eBay
Edited by modern_who - 02/09/2013 4:02 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2478 Posts
Posted 02/09/2013   5:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think I see the problem with your listings. Those cards are for sale all the time on eBay, but their filters trigger on the combination of "Nazi" and "propaganda."
Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
Pillar Of The Community
USA
2498 Posts
Posted 02/09/2013   6:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add modern_who to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you. That could very well be. My thought was there are people looking out for these and someone complained. The listings for the two cards were cancelled on different days. They caught one card and the cover at first, then the second card the following day.
Larry, APS Member

Modern-Vue Stamps on eBay
United States
1 Posts
Posted 05/25/2014   09:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add historicalcards1976 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello, I also found a lot of these from a variety of sets. I have been trying to get more information about these cards, as they are seemingly rare. I have the same set as posted above. I think it means "Country Of Work And Freedom", which is rather typical propaganda of the Nazi state. Some of the sets I have are different than the one posted above. I can't read german very well but I think some of the translations are such:
"German Uniforms"
"The German Handy Work"
"The War Times"
"World War I"
"The German Gentlemen in Manover"
"Men And The Events of Our Times"
"Medals"
"Everything For Germany"
"Adolf Hitler"
I've heard a lot of these were destroyed after the war for obvious reasons. It
s interesting from a historical perspective to see how the German's viewed WW2 during this time period, as it is so alien to us today. Supposedly the Nazis had anti-smoking propaganda as part of their platform, making these even more rare. If anyone has any additional info I would definitely be interested. I'm not sure as to there exact worth, but they are defintely an interesting oddity, from a dark part of the past.

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 18,086Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05