Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Csa Forgeries And Facsimiles - An Appreciation

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 52 / Views: 26,228Next Topic
Page: of 4
Learn More...
United States
10439 Posts
Posted 08/22/2017   11:32 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Actually, Rod did not need to 'bump' this... the latest post was 6 weeks ago.
Don
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1704 Posts
Posted 08/22/2017   12:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add James Drummond to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stampmaster:

Jim
Pillar Of The Community
1151 Posts
Posted 08/22/2017   12:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampmaster to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jim

OK, could not read what it said in the original posting.

You are top drawer!

Stampmaster
Valued Member
282 Posts
Posted 10/19/2018   11:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dan Townsend to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello :
I really like all this info about fakes with csa stamps.
So if you bear with me I know very little about them. Except I was curious about this stamp I picked up.
I looked at other fakes and for some reason they look different than this one.
It most likely a fake because of the color they should be black Im guessing but not real sure of colors and the lack of detail with this 10 cent stamp.
No detail of the the hair and around the eyes and background over inking ,it has nice checking around the face and no reflecting light on the face's cheek and forehead.
I think the gum is also a question I see no one talking about the gum did they have gum or no?
This stamp looks pretty old yellowish paper not used which is right. .If you have anything to tell me about this stamp I would appreciate any pictures of a authentic 10cent or anything
Thanks Dan

United States
2 Posts
Posted 12/01/2018   5:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tremain to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Dan Townsend, the blue CSA Ten Cent stamp is a private printing of the CSA #6 'Altered Plate'. There were several private printings from the plate during the 1900's. It was originally the #6 Five Cent De La Rue plate that was sent back to London where it was changed from Five to Ten Cents but was never put in production and there are no known existing printings from the war. At the end of the war it was captured and cut up into sections as souvenirs. One of the cut up plate sections was used to create the New York Forgeries, my favorite forgery, lol.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
6525 Posts
Posted 12/01/2018   11:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Didn't realize this had been revived. Awesome.
Here are some fakes I had acquired a few months ago
Three New York forgeries, attributed to S.W. Scott (of Scott catalogue fame) and what's described in the 1986 New Dietz Catalogue as the 'toothless old man'.

United States
2 Posts
Posted 12/03/2018   5:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tremain to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've noticed lately that scammers are starting rough up and attempt to make the NYF's used/aged. This makes them more dangerous. I have almost 130 now and the singles are starting to show up damaged. I've collecting now long enough that I can spot most of them from 5', lol. Although I do have two specimens that have a dangerously close blue with barely a hint of green instead of the normal obvious sickly greenish-blue. But the crossbars in the FIVE are always a confirmation and most, key word most, have one or two color dots by the top left star. They are a thorn in the collecting community and I constantly find them on eBay being sold by reputable dealers who were fooled by them.
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 52 / Views: 26,228Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05