Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

El Salvador -real Stamps And Forgeries,spiro Fakes.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community

United States
4522 Posts
Posted 02/15/2013   5:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add floortrader to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
2277 Posts
Posted 02/15/2013   6:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nitrolures to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Those look dangerously close color and the works .
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Hong Kong
77 Posts
Posted 02/15/2013   8:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 168Bagua to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow really really close. I like those rainbow tint on the real ones.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
28781 Posts
Posted 01/26/2020   03:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Attempting to establish if these are forged Overprints.
The cross bar of the "G" looks suspect, at DGC
Any members have genuine? does your G have a cross bar?
Escalon Sc#350

Edited by rod222 - 01/26/2020 03:10 am
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
2507 Posts
Posted 01/26/2020   08:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
https://stampauctionnetwork.com/GJ/gj192453.cfm
(Inverted overprint)
They look OK to me.The dots and lines.(Forging an overprint like this would be quiet an undertaking with all the assymetrical lines.)

Pillar Of The Community
United States
4522 Posts
Posted 01/26/2020   09:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Why would they be FORGED ? The real stamps have a minimum value of .25 cents each . Then they were reprinted and those reprints have a different perforation . Again all minimum value.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4522 Posts
Posted 01/26/2020   09:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
According to my collection ,yours are reprints .
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
28781 Posts
Posted 01/26/2020   10:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much for your time gentlemen.
I'll guage my stamps tomorrow,
Genuine guaged at 11.5
Reprints guaged at 11.8

Frustratingly, Mr. Hahn has outlined the "G with crossbar" and failed to say if it was genuine or forged.

From Perf12, (appreciate the link) I am assuming mine are genuine, albeit the rays are thicker in design.

Bib: El Salvador Filatelico-El Faro April 2006
Author : Joseph D Hahn.

Edited by rod222 - 01/26/2020 10:09 am
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
2507 Posts
Posted 01/26/2020   11:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Forgery:

Pics from this nice link:
https://www.filateliacuscatleca.com...jose-escalon
Partly Translated:
The shield countermarks were applied in black and red to the values of 1c (Scott 349 and 349a) and 2c (Scott 350 and 350a). The 3c stamp (Scott 351) is listed by Scott only in black. Additionally, as can be seen in the previous gallery, the marks of both colors can be found inverted.

As for counterfeits, these are relatively easy to identify for collectors. One of them, the most obvious, is the mark on which the tie on the front of the shield, instead of entering from behind. In the second type, the letter G differs from that used in the originals, a feature that requires a lens with magnification for identification.

Genuine:

Edited by perf12 - 01/26/2020 11:54 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
28781 Posts
Posted 01/26/2020   7:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That's just wonderful, Perf12.
A pat on the back for your efforts,
That is this problem well sorted !

FYI
"DGC" stands for Direccion General de Correos, the director of mails.

Edited by rod222 - 01/27/2020 04:11 am
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05