Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

New USPS Tracking Label No. 400 - January 2013

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 5,384Next Topic  
Bedrock Of The Community
United States
12128 Posts
Posted 02/25/2013   12:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add wt1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Although I don't use the service, I recently found that the USPS website has posted a New USPS Tracking Label No. 400 (January 2013):

Which can be ordered at this link:

https://store.usps.com/store/browse...pingSupplies

Although not a stamp, it is considered part of stamp ephemera that some collectors may have interest in.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
521 Posts
Posted 02/25/2013   1:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Zuzu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I was *JUST* at the PO half an hour ago and read a notice about how Delivery Confirmation is now called USPS Tracking. It also said there's no separate tracking form so save your receipt. Looks like that's the new combo form/receipt.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
United States
12128 Posts
Posted 03/06/2013   8:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wt1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just found more information on Label No. 400 and related items, along with the labels they are replacing:

http://about.usps.com/mailpro/2013/...eb/page3.htm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2747 Posts
Posted 03/06/2013   9:18 pm  Show Profile Check Battlestamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Battlestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My local post office is starting to use a new customs forms too. This one is different. It's now two-ply instead of three-ply. There's spaces on form to include a phone number and email address for both sender and receiver. You don't really need to include that information. The only thing I really don't like about the new customs forms is the fact you don't get a receipt stub with the postmark anymore. The postmark goes onto the parts that stay on the shipment envelope and post office copy. For reference, this is form PS Form 2976, September 2012. I guess they have been out for a little while, but my post office just switched this month. I like having that little custom receipt with the postmark date as it was kind of like having proof that you mailed something - sort of like the Certificate of Mailing without having to pay extra.
Valued Member
United States
94 Posts
Posted 01/19/2021   11:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
How do you use form #400 (tracking labels) with regular first class letters? How much is the additional charge beyond $.55 to use the service? I just received these from USPS, ordered online free from their store. (January 2021)
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1457 Posts
Posted 01/20/2021   3:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cjpalermo1964 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Letters are not eligible for tracking service with these labels. First Class Package (parcel ) service is required and starts at $3.80 for one ounce. You can use any size envelope on which the label and postage fit, and add a small piece of 1/4" foam core to thicken it if the contents are not already at least 1/4" thick.

You could look at this as effectively paying a fee of $3.25 to add tracking to a $0.55 mail piece.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 5,384Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.11 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05