Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hand engraved essay by Alvaro Lucas c1970  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

1 Posts
Posted 03/10/2013   11:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add mrm to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi
I have a hand engraved essay of Queen elizabeth II by Alvaro Lucas c1970. I was wondering if this image was used on any British/Commonwealth stamps or Banknote or where I might find this information from?

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
Canada
38 Posts
Posted 03/18/2013   8:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add canadian to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The engraving was too shallow for printing in England; thus was not used; Lucas was looking to get employed in England and he tried to impress the firm that engaged him for the engraving; unfortunately, the engraving was judged to be not deep enough for printing methods used in England.
It is likely you will not find any more details on this; suffice to say HM The Queen's another portrait was engraved by English Engraver, without any head gear for the Canadian Bank Notes, but was not used either.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.21 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05